3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 10:05 AM by A.T. Romano

DV-Import mit Premiere Elements 12

norbert65

Hallo,

bis Elements 12 ist der DV -Import von einer bandbasierten Kamera möglich. Allderings sind unter unterstützte Camcorder nur wenige Modelle aufgelistet. Ist der Import per Firewire auch für andere Modelle möglich?

Eine Fernsteuerung der Kamera benötige ich nicht. Die Minidv-Kassette soll nur vollständig imporiert werden.

Danke

Norbert

• 1. Re: DV-Import mit Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Norbert

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is the last Premiere Elements version to offer DV and HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements Capture Window. These features are gone in the current version 13. It is not known if these features will return in the new version (14) expected to be released very soon.

These are details for the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Capture workflow - document applies to 12/12.1 as well as 11....

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Capture video

It is important that you use a firewire connection.

What is your computer operating system? And, have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? But, do you have any version of Premiere Elements at this time?

Please let us know if the above answers your questions. The translation for you wrote was not clear.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: DV-Import mit Premiere Elements 12
            norbert65 Level 1

Hello,

i want to buy a mac and have no software to date.

The connection to the camcorder (Sony TRV-80, Firewire 400) is possible (Thundebolt to Fw800 adapter + Firewire 800 to 400 cable).

But: Premiere Elements 12 manual do not list the TRV-xxx.

So my question is :
            Can the import not be started manually (for any camcorder) ?

Thank you

Norbert

• 3. Re: DV-Import mit Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Norbert

You can use iMovie to capture firewire from your Sony TRV-80 miniDV camcorder. And, then you could bring the split clips into Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Mac or earlier using Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders.

And, there are many capture firewire alternatives found online.

But, DV and HDV capture firewire from any miniDV camcorder with iLink into Premiere Elements Capture Windows should work. However, I am not sure of your firewire cabling in this case. Typically I would be looking for iLink (IEEE1394) to iLink IEEE1394)...not sure if adapter in the path is going to create problems.

ATR