• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error DW021 for Photoshop Elements 13 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Photoshop Elements 13, 64 bit on Windows 10 but I am getting Error DW021.  I have tried to install the trial version as well and get the same error.  This error code is not listed in the troubleshooting help.  Can anyone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Please rename OOBE to OOBE.old from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and retry. If that doesn't work, try to remove previous application from the machine. You may try to create another admin user account and try to install it.

You cleaner tool to remove the apps if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what I'm really looking at with the log files for CS5, etc.  Can you be more specific?

I already tried the to troubleshoot the installation for Elements, but they don't list DW021 as one of the error codes for troubleshooting.  I tried everything else they suggested but got the same result.

Do Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 13 work with Windows 10?  I have those products currently (version 11) and they seem to work, except in Premiere I can't seem to write my project to a DVD.  Very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, here is the error:

Exit Code: 21

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW021 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 5 error(s)

ERROR: DW021: Payload {439D0165-FA77-4F07-B1C4-EC227A8E9747} Shared Technology Photoshop Camera Raw for Elements 13 (64 bit) 8.6.0.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {609818B9-23EB-4196-B466-EFE05E92A32F} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop Elements 13(64 bit) 13.0.0.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {6963547D-D36B-4A73-8B4A-23D5F71CA355} NonAdobePayload Sonic 5.8.13.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {C75EDFE2-E94B-476D-89B6-A13C1D98BD03} Photoshop Elements 13 Organizer(64 bit) 13.0.0.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Unsupported payload versions included

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, could you please tell us if you are using a DVD to install the program or have you downloaded it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to copy the content from DVD to the local drive then try to install it?. If that doesn't work, please try to download Photoshop Elements Help | Download Photoshop Elements | 13, 12, 11, 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial version (as suggested in troubleshooting) thinking I could then convert it to the purchased version, but I got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other Adobe application installed on your machine? Please try to remove Adobe Application Manager using cleaner tool and try to install it again with the file that you have downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements and Premiere 11 on my machine (and Adobe Reader, etc.)  I can't find anything called Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please rename OOBE to OOBE.old from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and retry. If that doesn't work, try to remove previous application from the machine. You may try to create another admin user account and try to install it.

You cleaner tool to remove the apps if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock!!     Renaming the OOBE file did the trick!  Thank you so much for all your help!  Hopefully my last question - should I change the name back or leave it as OOBE.old? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, you may delete if you want or leave it as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much OOBE seemed to be my problem to. Spent days trying to get PSE14 installed.

You are a life saver. Thanks again just converting file. Hope everything works. Everything seems to be working. PSE14 on win10 OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to Atul Saini. That solved my problem.. Installing creates a new OOBE file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Atul Saini.  That  fixed my install issue also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines