5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 9:36 AM by foj

Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?

Akehurstc

Hello

I've found that Edge compositions fail to load in Firefox when uploaded to a server.

It occurs on the first load when the cache is completely clear (I seem to need to completely restart the Firefox browser to do this).

The demo is pretty simple:

- There is a video in the composition (set to autoplay) and a rectangle.

- Files are on an ftp server - seems ok locally.

- Using Edge Animate 2015 on Mac (10.10.5)

- Latest Version of Firefox - 41 (Also tried Developer Edition 42.0a2 (2015-09-21))

- Only occurs on first load (reload fixes it - even reloading in a new tab!)

- Added a console log on the 'compositionReady' which never fires.

- No errors or clues

Demo is here:

http://www.craigakehurst.co.uk/edge-test/firefox.html

Files are here:

http://www.craigakehurst.co.uk/edge-test/web.zip

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

• 1. Re: Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?
          foj Level 1

Getting exactly the same issue. I have posted the question here a few times - in a few ways, as my understanding has progressed - no answers so far. I've also tried out a few 'solutions' I found on the forum, none of which have worked - I'll get these together and post them. I don't really understand the script/code side of things, which is why I am using EA.

I think there are a few people experiencing the same issue. This question edge animate - firefox - nested iframe - issue, I believe is probably the same thing, the exercise-demo will appear when refreshed.

My files also work fine locally too and only fail once on the server, does your compositionReady log work locally? I tried a very simple file on the server, and it worked. I can also mess with the Firefox debugger and get (inert) images from the landing-page to display. I have checked other EA sites in Firefox which all work fine, so it is something fairly unique to our projects I think =[  (I did see an interactive game on the BBC website that stated that it may not work with Firefox though...).

Hope we can work this out soon.

• 2. Re: Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?
            Akehurstc Level 1

Glad it's not just me! I've raised the issue with the support teams as well so I will keep you posted.

• 3. Re: Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?
              foj Level 1

Assuming I managed to flush the browser cashe sufficiently, I have tried the following solutions and non of them have worked,

test 1 -

Changing between polite/intermediate settings.

test 2 -

published preload DOM as separate file.

test 3 -

Added this code before the </body> tag (from here Re: Preloader freezes randomly - Problem reported by several users in this forum.)

//

<script type="text/javascript">

AdobeEdge.bootstrapCallback(function(compId) {

comp = AdobeEdge.getComposition(compId).getStage();

AdobeEdge.Symbol.bindElementAction(compId, 'stage', 'document', 'compositionReady', function(sym, e) {

comp.play();

//

test 4 -

Really not sure if I did this correctly (from Zaxist in  still problems getting edge animations work in firefox.)

1) In the <head> script,

//

<script src="js/head.min.js"></script>

<script>

head.js("edge_includes/edge.2.0.0.min.js")   // changed to  edge.6.0.0.min.js i                        
              .js("https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js")

.js("index_edge.js")

.js("index_edgeActions.js")
              .js("index_edgePreload.js");
              </script>

//

2) Downloaded the head.min.js file and put it in the root folder.

(There is also something interesting in this thread from heathrow about change server mime settings.)

Hope these fails help!

Be interesting to see what Adobe say!

Are you using a pre-loader btw? //I tried removing mine, this hasn't fixed anything.

• 4. Re: Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?
                ddhayles Level 3

It looks like the simple answer is to uncheck the "Preload Video" tick box for the video element.

• 5. Re: Edge composition fails on first load in Firefox - Any ideas?
                  foj Level 1

Thank you,

It's been a while since I looked at this on FireFox, gave up in despair, but now it appears to be working fine out the box - go figure =]

I also had the same issue on some iOS/Safari devices, will see if your fix can cure those over the weekend and will get back.