Some folks are experiencing startup crashes after updating to 2015, what worked for me was this...
1. Start Indesign - when it crashes on load look for the loading info in the Indesign loading box.
2. In my case it crashed on app preferences then again on "initializing"
3. I went left it onscreen and created a dump by clicking on task manager and right clicking indesign
4. I went to "Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Indesign/Version 11.0/en_US and found AppPrefs
5. Renamed AppPrefs to "AppPrefs.old" Indesign will recreate a new AppPrefs file for you so don't worry
6. Restarted Indesign
from all the research I did some people have success with changing other files and letting Indesign recreate it and some had luck by deleting fonts that had special characters, I tried both. Hope this helps someone and saves them 4 hours.