I'd like to get some log files from you for the online installer to troubleshoot further. If you have a few minutes, please do the following:
- Go to the ~/Library/Logs directory (this is the User's Library directory, not the system, /Library, directory).
- Create an empty text file named ADM.trace
- The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
- Run the online installer again until it stops
- Locate the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files in the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory
- Upload both Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files using the instructions The specified item was not found.
I looked up this post I can't install flash player on my mac but it doesnt work with me, any solution?
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? This post is several years old and contains a bunch of links to old installers that are no longer posted.
The offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section. This installer should work.
I tried to close everything that could use flash from the activity monitor, and I tried to manually mount the image but it didnt do any good either, anyway here are the logs you asked Shared Files - Acrobat.com - I get this error from the adm logs:
[ERROR] | | ADM | | ApplicationContext | IPCCommunications | | 497609 | Error CB_PktID_Terminate
I hope this'll help.
Ah and I did the offline installation and it worked fine thanks.
Thank you for posting the online installer logs. I have forwarded them to the online installer team for investigation.
No I have not, after I downloaded it I clicked on the .dmg and followed the usual procedure like I would with any other app. Then after a few unsuccessful try I tried to extract it manually on my desktop but it didn't work either. The log that I sent where from a new try after I re-downloaded and executed the normal process.
Looks like the logs you have provided are for the case when you have extracted it manually to desktop and launched it.
If you have time, can you please run the online installer again and provide the logs ?
Sorry for the late answer, I'm pretty sure I didn't extract it before lauching it but here are the new logs as ask, Shared Files - Acrobat.com I launched the installer directly from the /Download folder.
Hope it help.