3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 12:09 PM by crazyjoemilan

remove loaded movie after new loadMovie has been loaded

franchise4
      i need to unload a movie once the new loadMovie is fully loaded because once i click on my button to do so, my current loaded movie goes away & the screen is white until the new loaded movie is loaded. (i hope that made sense)
        • 1. Re: remove loaded movie after new loadMovie has been loaded
          crazyjoemilan Level 2
          so, you can do this two ways. (well, technically you can do this a million ways, but here's two)...

1) Use a preloader movieclip to look at the progress of the loadMovie function.

2) Use the MovieClipLoader class to do the same thing. <- this is the prefered method these days, but to be honest, I still use my lil' personal preloader components.

Using one of those two, you can then script your other movie to unload using the MovieClip.unloadMovie(); method

make sense?
          • 2. Re: remove loaded movie after new loadMovie has been loaded
            champion25
            had a similar issue where I used a MoviClipLoader but the swf just boot out whatever is on the level until you reach the last one, thenit just stays in the holder clip. How do you script it so that the next movie unloads the previous?
            • 3. Re: remove loaded movie after new loadMovie has been loaded
              crazyjoemilan Level 2
              well I've done it a few ways successfully.

The most recent, I dynamically create new movie clips.

see --- http://www.13studios.com/erin --- Its a figurative painter's portoflio, so while its oil paint it is perhaps a bit [NSFW].

Anyway, the panning effect kinda killed my normal process, so when you click a new button, it goes like this...

PSEudoCODE
              //tickerVariable is defined on frame 1
              holder.create a new movie clip with name "something + tickerVariable"
              play preloader(tickerVariable);
              on completion of preloader {
              holder[something+(tickerVariable-1)].unloadMovie();
              //do anything else you need to do
              tickerVariable++
              }

I hope I didn't just make that more confusing.