5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 1:19 AM by try67

Script for metadata

javier.arizcuren Level 1

Hi.

Firstly I would like to apologyze if my grammar is not perfect. English is not my mother tongue.

I want a script for adding metadata with a tagged pdf. I want that this script reconize the tex tagged as "titulo" and put it as the pdf tittle (metadata). Something like this:

this.info.Title = text tagged as 'titulo';

this.info.Keywords = text tagged as 'subtitulo';

I don't know how can I put the tags names in this code... Any idea?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Script for metadata
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, but it can't be done with a script. It has no access to the tags associated with the text in a PDF file.

• 2. Re: Script for metadata
            javier.arizcuren Level 1

Ouch, it would be nice.

It could be done in other way? Read the text in page 1 and add it as metadata.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Script for metadata

The text on the page can be written with a script, but you'll need to come up with some way of identifying which text is the title, the sub-title, etc., which is never simple.

• 4. Re: Script for metadata
                javier.arizcuren Level 1

It wouldn't be a problema to write as keywords every text of the first page. I am working with installation manuals and every manual has the same pattern (or very similar at least):

MAIN NAME OF THE PRODUCT

[Secondary name of the product]

Name of the manual language 1 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)

[Name of the manual language 2 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)]

[Name of the manual language 3 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)]

[Name of the manual language 4 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)]

[Name of the manual language 5 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)]

[Name of the manual language 6 (Installation manual, user manual, operation manual...)]

Every text in [ ] is used in some manuals, not in others.

Example, not real:

AUDI A4

1.8 TFSI

User manual

Manual de usuario

Benutzeranleitung

Manuel d'Utilisateur

Manuale dell 'Utente

Manual do Usuario

Keywords: AUDI A4 1.8 TFSI User manual Manual de usuario Benutzeranleitung Manuel d'Utilisateur Manuale dell 'Utente Manual do Usuário

Other example:

AUDI A3

Configuration manual

Keywords: AUDI A3 Configuration manual

• 5. Re: Script for metadata

In that case it might be possible, but it's impossible to say for sure without seeing the actual files.

Also, it will require developing a custom-made script for this purpose.