6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2007 8:47 AM by Sami@Adobe

kuler RSS Feeds

monkinetic
      Hello,

I think that if kuler is going to be a true web community, it needs some external apis or RSS feeds for sharing color schemes, especially mykuler. I would use these feeds to subscribe to my favorite designers' new color schemes, and use it to share my color schemes. Other ideas might include providing rss feeds for tag searches.

This is an excellent app, but it needs to break out of its black box.

Cheers,

--Steve
        • 1. Re: kuler RSS Feeds
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
          Hi Steve,
          Glad you are liking kuler and thanks for posting. We've heard a few other requests along these lines; it's on the Features Wish List. kuler 1.0 is just the start...
          • 2. kuler RSS Feeds
            bydesignjm
            I totally agree that this is essential to getting any kind of community behind kuler. kuler's been out a while now and I'm sure there's tons of people who would love to feature their color schemes on their blogs and such. Any idea when RSS feeds might be added?
            • 3. Re: kuler RSS Feeds
              st-f
              Hi,
              Is there a way to get color references in the rss feeds ? I can only get texte and an image... it will be great to get colors hex codes too.

cheers,
              stef

ps: congrats to the kuler team ;) it's really nice and useful
              • 4. Re: kuler RSS Feeds
                Hi Stef,

So glad you are liking kuler. What kind of creative work do you do?

If you are on Mac OS, the Apple Dashboard Widget will copy the hex values to your clipboard. The upcoming Apollo version will provide this as well for both platforms. When it's ready I'll announce it on the forum.

Or, as a stopgap measure, you can click on the theme name in the RSS, which will take you to the theme details page in kuler. If you hit Create, you can see the hex values.

Sami

• 5. Re: kuler RSS Feeds
                  st-f Level 1
                  Hi,

I work on an RIA, and I would like to allow my users to choose a color set from kuler.

So I need RSS feeds to do that...
                  • 6. Re: kuler RSS Feeds
                    Interesting... Well, as posted in the New Release topic, we've heard the requests for APIs, so we'll keep you posted. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. :) Sami