2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 12:08 AM by Peter Spier

Loading fonts into Indesign on a PC

suzannej71926079

I've just subscribed to the creative cloud on a PC, trouble is I ususally work on a Mac. The company I'm working for has their own logos and I can't figure out how to load them for use in InDesign. There is no Fonts Library like on a Mac and the cloud just keeps suggesting using TypeKit which of course doesn't have these fonts... Any help please? TIA!

• 1. Re: Loading fonts into Indesign on a PC
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Fonts in InDesign are installed as usual on system level. If you have T1 fonts, they will no longer work on new OS, but you can use them further in InDesign, if you put them into the folder aside the program.

But logos should be used as separate files, placed into InDesign and linked to the original file. Use AI or PDF/X-4 for that purpose, no EPS.

• 2. Re: Loading fonts into Indesign on a PC
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Windows has a Fonts folder at the system level. Right-click a font file and choose Install and it will be loaded there, or you can manually copy to either the Adobe common Fonts folder, or the private Fonts folder in the InDesign application folder. In the Windows fonts folder the fonts will be available to all applications, in the common Fonts folder to all Adobe Applications, or in the private folder only to InDesign.