4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 2:31 PM by Newsgroup_User

referencing sprites in a filmloop

ImLearningW3D Level 1
      not sure if this is possible but here goes,

I need to reference 2 sprites within a single filmloop to set the height and locV properties of them. Ive looked thru the help files and find hardly anything on filmloops, aside from the basic property inspector settings. Does anyone have any clue if this can be done, if so, how?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
        • 1. Re: referencing sprites in a filmloop
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          You can find examples of film loop techniques at http://nonlinear.openspark.com/tips/filmloop/. You can find a Director 5 tutorial on some of the things you can do with film loops at http://www.director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=154.
          • 2. Re: referencing sprites in a filmloop
            ImLearningW3D Level 1
            well these are very good examples but I was just wondering if there is a simple way to reference a sprite within a filmloop. Not to mention, im using MX 2004 and im afraid that some of these director 5 examples will error out on me.

Lets say I have a filmloop in sprite 4. This filmloop contain 3 elements, a top border image, a director rectangle box and a bottom border image (top border but rotated 180°). I want to move the bottom border image in the filmloop to a V position of 400. Can this be done?
            • 3. referencing sprites in a filmloop
              ImLearningW3D Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: ImLearningW3D
              well these are very good examples but I was just wondering if there is a simple way to reference a sprite within a filmloop. Not to mention, im using MX 2004 and im afraid that some of these director 5 examples will error out on me.

Lets say I have a filmloop in sprite 4. This filmloop contain 3 elements, a top border image, a director rectangle box and a bottom border image (top border but rotated 180°). I want to move the bottom border image in the filmloop to a V position of 400. Can this be done?

Nevermind, I used a vector shape instead and resized that member instead of directly accessing sprites in the filmloop.

Thank you for your help and links to the film loops.
              • 4. Re: referencing sprites in a filmloop
                Level 7
                On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:49:15 GMT, ImLearningW3D posted in
                macromedia.director.lingo:

> Nevermind, I used a vector shape instead and resized that member instead
                > of directly accessing sprites in the filmloop.

Glad you found a work-around.

Out of curiosity, is this project for a projector or for Shockwave in a
                browser?

If a projector, you might want to look into the Movie in a Movie (MIAM)
                concept. It's more commonly referred to as Linked Director Movie (LDM).

Not as feature rich as Flash movieClips, but more robust than filmLoops.

It's not supported in Shockwave, though.

--
                Mark A. Boyd
                Keep-On-Learnin' :)