Hi Mark... Can you share a copy of either your artwork (shared link to Dropbox or CC Files location) or a screenshot of the layer structure in AI? Are your keyboard triggers on facial features, or at the same layer level as the Head in the artwork file? Thanks.
Just PM'd you with the AI file.
When setting up multi-view puppets (i.e., pressing keyboard triggers to switch to profile/quarter views), you need to move the Face behavior, and Lip Sync behavior (if doing lip sync), from the top level puppet down to the individual view subpuppets. For your artwork, or any set up this way, do the following:
- Select the puppet in the Project panel.
- In the Properties panel, remove the Face and Lip Sync behaviors.
- Double-click the puppet to open it in the Puppet panel.
- Twirl open the Character > Head subpuppet (in your example) so you can see the view subpuppet layers.
- Select all view subpuppet layers (in your case, currently, Front and Side Right).
- Add the Face and Lip Sync behaviors from the Add Behaviors ("+") menu in the Properties panel. This allows you to adjust parameters on a view-by-view basis.
Now, as you trigger different views, your facial expressions and speech can still control the character's face.
This is also covered in this FAQ: FAQ: Why does my character's mouth not respond when triggering a non-default (front) view for a multi-view puppet?
Hope this helps.