4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 7:12 AM by sarsaxen

Will Adobe add support for GIF and other file types to Lightroom in the near future?

Mike Naylor

I've only recently become aware of another need for GIF file support - in particular: for Animated GIFs or Cinemagraphs produced by Photoshop CC 2015.  So, I'm really surprised to discover my LR CC 2015 is unable to add them to the catalogue.

I also notice that Bridge is listed under "Previous Versions" (in that ridiculous Creative Cloud App that take so long to verify my account) - a possible indicator that Adobe is allowing Bridge to vanish altogether.

And another thing: Adobe are unable to change my Adobe ID (i.e. my email) and say I must delete my current subscription and create a new one to do this.  I find that to be pathetic.

All this is causing me to become p***ed off and look elsewhere, but there just isn't a viable Photoshop alternative for the type of work I do.  They have me by the short and curlys.

So, apart from ranting, my question is: Will Adobe add support for GIF and other file types to Lightroom in the near future?