4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 7:12 AM by sarsaxen

Will Adobe add support for GIF and other file types to Lightroom in the near future?

Mike Naylor Level 1

I've only recently become aware of another need for GIF file support - in particular: for Animated GIFs or Cinemagraphs produced by Photoshop CC 2015.  So, I'm really surprised to discover my LR CC 2015 is unable to add them to the catalogue.

I also notice that Bridge is listed under "Previous Versions" (in that ridiculous Creative Cloud App that take so long to verify my account) - a possible indicator that Adobe is allowing Bridge to vanish altogether.

And another thing: Adobe are unable to change my Adobe ID (i.e. my email) and say I must delete my current subscription and create a new one to do this.  I find that to be pathetic.

All this is causing me to become p***ed off and look elsewhere, but there just isn't a viable Photoshop alternative for the type of work I do.  They have me by the short and curlys.

So, apart from ranting, my question is: Will Adobe add support for GIF and other file types to Lightroom in the near future?