6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 9:00 AM by BobLevine

incopy for remote staff

jaimo693 Level 1

Hi, I work with InDesign and have a proofreader located overseas, I want him to use InCopy to make life a lot easier.

If I purchase an InCopy license as part of my adobe cloud suite, can I get him to download the software from my account?

Regards

James

• 1. Re: incopy for remote staff
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't believe it would be legal for two different people to share an Adobe Creative Cloud account allowing both of them to download software.

• 2. Re: incopy for remote staff
            jaimo693 Level 1

Of course, two different people cant use the software with the same license. I didn't say I was going to download the software, just the guy who is doing the proofreading, therefore just one download with one user.

• 3. Re: incopy for remote staff

"If I purchase InCopy as part of my adobe cloud suite"

Unless you have purchased a Team license, when you purchase an Individual license, it can only be used by one person. You can't "share" the software with others.

• 4. Re: incopy for remote staff
                jaimo693 Level 1

"it can only be used by one person".

Yes, must be used by 'one' person, or must it be used by the license holder? Does this mean the 'one person' has to be me, or the one person can be 'any' one person. As long as its not used by more than one person that's the idea isn't it. 

The reason I am asking is, I don't mind paying for a new license, as that is what I am going to do anyway because I haven't purchased it yet, I just wanted to know if I have to create another Account, separate, in his name, so he can download. However, that means I am paying for it, in his name, etc.

So its not about 'sharing ' or making anything 'illegal', its about making life easier and keeping control of the account in case I have to use someone else in the future.

Regards

James

• 5. Re: incopy for remote staff

I'm only a volunteer, and I don't claim to completely understand the license requirements. I think you need to have a chat with Adobe staff to find out the answer to your question.

Contact Customer Care

Click on the blue link at the bottom.

• 6. Re: incopy for remote staff
                    BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You cannot split an account. The other person will need their own Creative Cloud account but they can subscribe to InCopy only for $20/month.