1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 1:19 PM by Newsgroup_User

XML Database for CD Rom Presentation

vixel.technologies
      Hi Friend

I have got a small query for you, Basically we are making a Flash Based CD rom presentation which even includes product catalog. This product catalog has Category=> Sub Category then the product i know a way how to do this using access as a database and then query it and work with it.

But i want to know what if i create a similar data structre in XML will it be reliable and faster then access please help me with your advice. Coz i read somewhere that flash first loads the enite xml file and then it works. So in my case i have 60,000 records which means the p[resentation will stop working coz of this chunk of datya being loaded.

Please Help

Regards
        • 1. Re: XML Database for CD Rom Presentation
          Level 7
          There is one answer to this same post in the Macromedia Data Integration
          forum.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "vixel.technologies" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e2oaeo$4vj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          Hi Friend

I have got a small query for you, Basically we are making a Flash Based
          CD
          rom presentation which even includes product catalog. This product catalog
          has
          Category=> Sub Category then the product i know a way how to do this using
          access as a database and then query it and work with it.

But i want to know what if i create a similar data structre in XML will it
          be
          reliable and faster then access please help me with your advice. Coz i read
          somewhere that flash first loads the enite xml file and then it works. So in
          my
          case i have 60,000 records which means the p[resentation will stop working
          coz
          of this chunk of datya being loaded.

Please Help

Regards