Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default and Home not working

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

in one of my projects (simple CHM, no merging), the home page button is not working anymore.

I've set the fields Default and Home in the Windows > Properties > Advanced Properties dialog box to Topics/ov110_intro.htm, the usual formula giving the relative path and the filename.

After compilation clicking on the Home Page button results in a page not found error.

The HHP-file shows the correct entries in the windows definition.

I've experimented with diofferent formulas for the fields, but to no avail. Has anyone of you noted this behaviour and perhaps even found a solution?

Greetings

---Dirk Bock

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006
Problem solve: compiler insisted on wrong window definition.

I finally nailed down the problem. Due to my cluttered desktop I didn't notice that when navigationg using the TOC, the help viewer opened a new window. This window belongs to another production with a different home page. And this home page is removed from this production using Conditional Build Tags.

Somehow RH changed the name of the window to be used when navigating via the TOC.

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk

Is it just the one project that fails in this way and just that button that fails? In other words does the TOC etc work OK?

Have you tried creating another button that calls another topic to see what happens with that?

Can you create this in a new project that you could send me? I don't have a clue as to the cause but happy to experiment.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

thanks for your kind offer! I postponed experimenting a bit as I hoped for enlightenment form the Forums.

If I don't have a clue tomorrow, I'll gladly contact you.

By the way, I've discovered one more weird thing about this: the error occurs only when navigating via the TOC. When going to a topic using the index or search, the home button behaves as it should.

Regards

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that information, my first test would be to save the TOC somewhere outside the project and auto create a new one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem solve: compiler insisted on wrong window definition.

I finally nailed down the problem. Due to my cluttered desktop I didn't notice that when navigationg using the TOC, the help viewer opened a new window. This window belongs to another production with a different home page. And this home page is removed from this production using Conditional Build Tags.

Somehow RH changed the name of the window to be used when navigating via the TOC.

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp