3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2006 8:57 PM by demetriusmcclain

I need to created additional navigational btns

demetriusmcclain
      I am creating a site for a client. I don't like drop down menus, so what I want to do is create a forward and back button to navigate the sub pages. For instance my navigation is

Home
      Abstract
      Animals
      People

Whereas with animals have additional pages labeled lions, elephants, tigers ...etc When you click on animals I want a forward and back btn to navigate to the ohter pages. I've tried a couple of tutorials I found on kirupa.com and flashkit but they do not work. Can someone please lend a hand with this. If it will help I can provide a link for the swf file.
        • 1. Re: I need to created additional navigational btns
          ewon15 Level 1
          what if you put each section on a separate frame? You can created a layer titled "labels" and at each frame (that you have a section) you put in the instance box the name of that section. that way you can say reference each section by telling the timeline to play that frame.

backbutton.onRelease = function(){
          gotoAndPlay("home");
          }

not sure if that is what you are looking for...hope it helps

• 2. Re: I need to created additional navigational btns
            demetriusmcclain Level 1
            Actually I do have my site structured that way. I have a labels layer as well as a buttons and actions layer. The funny thing is when I try this method on this site for some reason it doesn't work. However when I create this senario in a new window it works perfectly. I have a couple of ideas I want to try out. I do appreciate your help in any case.
            • 3. Re: I need to created additional navigational btns
              demetriusmcclain Level 1
              i realized what the problem is. All of the buttons have to be on the button layer to operate. I suppose it's because the way I have the layers structured. This is not what I want. I just want a forward and back button on certain pages and not throughout the site. I will do some brain storming, if anyone comes up with anything in the meantime, I welcome your suggestions.