6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 8:34 AM by bhr1102

captions not showing up on PDF book module

bhr1102

i am creating a book of photos getting ready to send it to print with Blurb. all seems well except when i saved a PDF copy to do final check some of the captions created in the meta data did not show up. they're were a few references in this forum already, but nothing that helped. should i be worried that they will not print on the book? running LR 5.7. i have tried re-entering the data and updated the LR that i'm running.

• 1. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi bhr1102,

Could you please try with other images, also please make sure the option for " Photo Text " is checked and you have Caption selected there.

Then try to export the images from Lightroom as PDF, also please update Lightroom to the latest version , i.e Lightroom 5.7.1, from the following link if not : http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module
            bhr1102 Level 1

hey Tanuj

thanks for the advice, but i have done all that. there was an old thread with some of the same advice in it that i followed. there are over 115 photos in the book, most of which have captions. and all but those 10 or so have their captions. the only thing i could add is that during one attempt at generating a PDF the whole of LR froze. i didn't loose anything, but it was at that spot that the problem is and beyond. i am going to try to reload the affected images again from scratch. do we think this will affect the book? the captions do show up in the book preview module.

thanks again

brian

• 3. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module

No, I don't think so it should be any issue.

• 4. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module
                bhr1102 Level 1

tanuj

i sent the book to Blurb and it showed up with the same problem of missing text.  any other suggestions?

thanks

brian

• 5. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module

Could you please let me know the Operating System of your computer.

Also I would request you to please create a new book once and then export it as PDF and see it shows the Caption, meanwhile I will quickly check with my team about the issue.

• 6. Re: captions not showing up on PDF book module
                    bhr1102 Level 1

tanuj

i figured it out. 1st the steps i took that didn’t work: reloading the page of the book. rewriting the meta caption.  i then set up a test book with the same images that were missing the caption and they did show up.   then found a tool in books that “refreshed meta-data”. i did that. went into the book images that were missing the data, un-checked add caption button in “text” and then re-checked the add text button. that got the info to show back up on the photo.

i had to generate a lot of PDF test books. i wish there was a way to generate a single page out of Book to a PDF, my book is large and it was a drag to have to wait for the entire PDF to generate. am i wrong in thinking there is not a way to generate a single PDF page out of a Book?

i hope this helps for others who run into this problem in the Book module.

to answer your question i am running on a Mac 13” air with OSX 10.9.5

thanks

brian