9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 3:12 PM by KevetS

How Do I Buy Adobe Software?

unhappycustomer1001

Why is it impossible to simply buy and use a piece of software from this company ?

The combination of complete incompetence on the part of Apple to write a simple application to manage photos and the extreme arrogance of this company is absolutely amazing

Files are Files !

There is a huge opportunity for a company with the combination of talent and humility to completely take over the photo software space

• 1. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What exactly are you trying to buy and why can't you buy it?

• 2. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
            Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi unhappycustomer

We Apologize for the inconvenience you had.

May I know Which Version of Lightroom are you trying to buy.

To Buy Lighroom 6  Go to  Products

Select  Adobe Lightroom "Buy" ,Select Full/Upgrade( if you want to upgrade from a Previous version)

Capture1.PNG

Then Click Add to card and Proceed with your Payment

212121.PNG

Regards

~Akash

• 3. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

unhappycustomer1001 wrote:

Why is it impossible to simply buy and use a piece of software from this company ?

It's clearly not impossible - for most people.

and the extreme arrogance of this company is absolutely amazing

Adobe is arrogant because you can't understand how their online commerce works?

There is a huge opportunity for a company with the combination of talent and humility to completely take over the photo software space

Don't know where you've been for the last twenty-odd years, but we've been looking at that situation in the rear view mirror for a long time.

Pointless, petulant whining doesn't fly on here. Try articulating the issue, and you might learn something.

• 4. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                KevetS Level 1

That's a little unfair, Keith. The OP is quite clearly frustrated. And, if I understand his post correctly, with some justification! It is frustrating being led around in circles, always ending up at the CC page. There have been many posts on here with people unable to find where to buy the standalone version of LR.

It's evident that Adobe don't really want to sell LR standalone, but would  prefer you to be a CC subscriber.

• 5. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                  dj_paige Level 9

It's evident that Adobe don't really want to sell LR standalone, but would  prefer you to be a CC subscriber.

And yet an Adobe employee above provided the exact instructions to purchase LR 6

• 6. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                    Keith_Reeder Level 4

KevetS wrote:

That's a little unfair, Keith. The OP is quite clearly frustrated

No, it's not unfair  Frustration does not excuse ignorance, nor does it justify making up "facts" in order to support statements which are, by any definition, self-evident (and unnecessarily immotive and histrionic - assigning personality deficiencies to a company? Really?) nonsense.

This "it's everyone else's fault but mine" mindset gets wearing after a while, and it happens on here too often.

What would have been wrong with the OP simply asking: "how do I buy..?"

And are you not picking up on the inappropriate irony of someone demanding humility of Adobe in such an overtly, provocatively, arrogant and pompous manner?

• 7. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                      Keith_Reeder Level 4

KevetS wrote:

If Adobe wanted that, they'd simply stop selling the standalone.

And while it does seem to be more difficult to buy than it needs to be, "difficult" is a million miles away from "impossible".

Besides, as you say, it's an often-enough asked question - the answer appears on here several times a day - so do we really need yet another thread on the subject, when a few minutes looking on the forum will find the answer?

• 8. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                        KevetS Level 1

And yet an Adobe employee above provided the exact instructions to purchase LR 6

Indeed! And with good grace.

• 9. Re: How Do I Buy Adobe Software?
                          KevetS Level 1

If Adobe wanted that, they'd simply stop selling the standalone.

It would appear to me that Adobe is only half a step away from that.

I'm no stranger to this LR forum (more an observer than poster) and have used LR pretty much since day 1 (previous RawShooter user), even so, I remember nearly pulling my hair out trying to find the LR6 download page. Seems, all roads lead to CC.

Besides, as you say, it's an often-enough asked question - the answer appears on here several times a day - so do we really need yet another thread on the subject, when a few minutes looking on the forum will find the answer?

If you're new here. how would you know it's an "often-enough asked question"? There's a surprisingly large number of people that don't frequent forums, let alone know how to use a Search function.