3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 6:23 PM by Akash Sharma

Lightroom CC won't run after install

Jim_Palik Level 1

I am a Creative Cloud user and I just installed LR CC on a backup computer that I plan to take with me to teaching seminars. This computer has only 4GB of memory and had LR2 on it many years ago. This however had been removed al long time ago. I installed Creative Cloud and it found that LR was not installed. I downloaded LR and it appeared to install. When I run it get the following error message.

"The application was unable to start correctly ()xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and I still get the same error. Can someone help me.

Jim

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC won't run after install
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Jim_Palik

Please follow this article Error: "Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b)" 

Let us know if that helps

~Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC won't run after install
            Jim_Palik Level 1

I downloaded the Lightroom_64-Bit_DLL.zip file and when I went to install it in the "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom [Version]\" I discovered that there was no such folder. However there was a  "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom" folder that was created when I installed LR via Creative Cloud. There was no instruction on where to install the two .dll files in the Adobe Lightroom folder. I then created a "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" folder in which I placed the two .dll files.

I now have two folders. the "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" that contains the two .dll files and the "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom" folder where creative cloud placed my LR files. LR still does not run and returns the same error message.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling LR. Nothing helped.

Before I move to the third solution "Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries I need to know if the two .dll programs are in the correct place. Can you help me with this.

Jim

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC won't run after install
              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Thanks for the update you should try the third solution now it solved issues for many See Photoshop CC (2014) fails to start (0xc000007b)

About the Folders "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom"  &  "C:\Program\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom" 

They are separate folders for Lightroom 5 and Lightroom CC Respectively.

Let us know if the Solution mentioned helps

Regards

~Akash