5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 10:22 AM by whsprague

How do export single clips ?

danielc21852533

Hi,

I need to export single clips only from a video file, is this possible on elements 14 ? it seems to want to only export the whole file (4gb) after I've cut and separated the clips I need.  I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Cheers

Dan

• 1. Re: How do export single clips ?
          whsprague Level 4

I can't tell exactly what you are asking, but you can export sections of any video using the Expert mode, setting the WorkArea Bars and checking a box in the Export dialog.

Capture.JPG

• 2. Re: How do export single clips ?
            danielc21852533 Level 1

I think I love you ! Thank you so much.

• 3. Re: How do export single clips ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

danielc

The principle for selective export of a Timeline segment only is the same in both Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and Premiere Elements 14, that is

1. Setting of the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar in the Expert workspace Timeline to span just the segment of interest

coupled with

2. Having a check mark next to the option Share Work Area Bar only in the export area of the program

However there is a marked difference in 13/13.1's Publish+Share/Computer/ and 14's counterpart Export & Share. In 14, see the following with the export area looking like

workareaview14.jpg

You can set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar with the mouse cursor or use the shortcuts....

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment, as you hold down the Alt (Windows), hit the Left Bracket key [

then

Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment, as you hold down the Alt, hit the Right Bracket key ]

ATR

• 4. Re: How do export single clips ?
                jensw15999211

Hello,

is the described way above the only way to export single clips from a whole movie? It would be great if single clips could be exported through markers. Is thatv possible?

Thanks for reply

Jens

• 5. Re: How do export single clips ?
                  whsprague Level 4

jensw15999211 wrote:

Hello,

is the described way above the only way to export single clips from a whole movie? It would be great if single clips could be exported through markers. Is thatv possible?

Thanks for reply

Jens

In four versions I've used, I've never seen any other option. 

Bill