4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 1:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Windows 10 Codec for Elements 8

Another James

Hello.

Premiere Elements 8 is not recognising my MOV files because the required codec is not installed (they’re H264).  I’ve tried installing a manipulated version of Quicktime and a couple of codec packs with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Windows 10 Codec for Elements 8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

another james

If you have not already, please download and install specifically QuickTime 7.7.6 on your Windows 10 64 bit computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Be sure to be running program from a user account with administrative privileges. Work from the 8.0.1 Update, make sure automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features are disabled

Please do not install QuickTime 7.7.8 by any user "manipulated" maneuvers. Codec packs can often be more harmful than helpful.

QuickTime 7 is the Premiere Elements requirement in its System Requirements. Apple has a problem with QuickTIme latest version 7.7.8 and Windows 10. Until Apple works out its Windows 10 64 bit matter, QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements QuickTime 7 requirement. Been there and done that along with others.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Once we rule in or out a supported QuickTime 7.7.6  install in this matter, then we can move on to consider other troubleshooting strategy if indicated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Windows 10 Codec for Elements 8
            Another James Level 1

Ok, I've disabled auto-analyser now but the problem persists.

Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

• 3. Re: Windows 10 Codec for Elements 8
              Another James Level 1

I get this screen at startup, which requires 10 clicks to close:

disc.jpg

• 4. Re: Windows 10 Codec for Elements 8
                A.T. Romano Level 7

another james

Thanks for the reply with important details for the troubleshooting.

Did you do the QuickTime 7.7.6 install? That is a must do related to files with the .mov file extension.

But, this No Disk error is equally important. Has that been there all along? Was it there when you started this thread?

No Disk errors have a challenging history in Premiere Elements

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1, the answer is to delete the OldFilm.AEX file.

In Premiere Elements 11, the answer was related to the SmartSound feature.

In Premiere Elements 12, there was no specific issue related with the No Disc error. Lots of suggested remedies.

I do not remember Premiere Elements getting hit with the No Disc message.

Does your computer have a SD slot? If so, does it make a difference to No Disc if the blank insert is left in or out?

Please try going to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 Folder, look for and find the specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file.

Right click it, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click it to determine if it will open to the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 workspace without the No Disc error message.

If that does not work,

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

PDApp

core

and in the core Folder is the PDapp.exe that you double click to open the Application Manager (updates). Is the Application Manager wanting to do updating for you?

Please review and consider, and then we can consider what next - might be uninstall - cleaner - reinstall?

Thanks.

ATR