2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 6:42 AM by tnndkk

Sound missing with Premiere Elements 14

tnndkk Level 1

After konverting to Elements 14, from 10, my already existing movies does not have the sound. How do I get the sound back??

Best regards
      Torben

• 1. Re: Sound missing with Premiere Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Torben

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 14 running?

Is your no sound related to sound from files that have been imported to the 14 Expert workspace? Do you hear sound in the Quick workspace?

What are the properties of these files?

Is the problem confined to one existing project or to any new projects from 14?

Have you reviewed and understood the large changes in the Timeline audio going to 14 from earlier versions.

Please see my blog post Premiere Elements 14 First Look, Part 1 New and Different, item 2

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details

There are a lot of possibility as to cause and effect

a. file support

b. you could have inadvertently muted the whole audio track

c. you are not allowing enough time for conforming processes before moving the file to the Timeline

d. other

Please review and consider and then be will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Sound missing with Premiere Elements 14
            tnndkk Level 1

Hi A.T.

Thanks I will look into this as soon as I get the time

I can inform you that the sound is missing in previous created movies,

created with Premiere Elements 10. Just tried to load a .prel file into

V14 to check if everything was ok. Unfortunately the sound was gone.

Best regards

Torben

A.T. Romano skrev den 27.09.2015 21:54:

SOUND MISSING WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS 14

created by A.T. Romano  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion