3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 8:17 AM by HopeKoconis

Profiles & Commercial Print Standards in China

HopeKoconis

I have been working with various Chinese companies for 7 years now and have always had a hard time getting them to assign a color profile to a start file or template. They also will never tell me the type, color, weight, or coatings of the the paper. We generally seem to be doing things like labels on lightweight book with uv coating, thick glossed boxes with uv coating and hang cards on lightweight cover stock. We have also done laminated book stock.

The choice is not up to me, I must find a way to work with these printers. I have found very little discussion out there regarding others with the same issue. The color always comes out heavy on the cyan side. And I am not happy with it. Any links or personal expertise would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

• 1. Re: Profiles & Commercial Print Standards in China
          jdanek Level 4

Are you sending them a disk along with a hardcopy proof?  Also, are you sending them PDF press quality files?  Since you are pretty much flying in the dark, there's only so much you can do.  Language barriers don't help either.  They should be able to tell you what RIP they are using and what press' they use, too.  I sense that they may not communicate so they can dictate job parameters.  That blows.  All the more reason to do your printing state side.

• 2. Re: Profiles & Commercial Print Standards in China
            HopeKoconis Level 1

Every time I send a pdf they ask for the ai with no discernible reason. I usually don't have time to send hard proof and disc, but I think we may end up going this route. Seems to be the only option. Boss is not going to like it with a due date of yesterday for everything LOL. Thank you for your time! Have a great day!!

• 3. Re: Profiles & Commercial Print Standards in China
              HopeKoconis Level 1

FYI, I'm still looking for information and advice regarding color management between US and the People's Republic of China. Preferably from someone who works with PRC and this hurdle.

"Print state side" is not an answer nor an option as I mentioned prior. Thanks in advance for any information, books, sites, etc. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your time!