12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 7:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Upgrade for Mac?

mariannes87397746

I'd like to upgrade from PE12 tto 1, but there's no upgrade available (yet) - will it be offered later on?

Marianne

• 1. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user to user forum, not a direct link to Adobe support, or sales... so nobody here knows Adobe's plans

All versions of Premiere Elements are individual, so the only "upgrade" is a price discount

The Buying Elments http://www.adobe.com/in/products/premiere-elements/buying-guide.html is where you would look for upgrade pricing

• 2. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mariannes

What version of Premiere Elements do you want to move to from 12/12.1 - 13/13.1 or the recently released 14?

Premiere Elements 14 Mac and Windows is now available as a tryout or purchase from the Adobe web site.

I would suggest that you explore the tryout before purchase to assure the compatibility of the program with your computer and your project goals.

What you buy from Adobe has a 30 day return/refund associated with it if you are not satisfied with it. Mac installation files cannot be used on Windows if you change computers after the purchase.

Authorized vendors may offer you versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 14 (if still in stock) or 14 (current version). Besides downloads, these authorized vendors have boxed packaging which offers installation discs for Mac and Windows. If problem, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller, not Adobe.

Keep in mind that Premiere Elements is a standalone product. Upgrade at Adobe is just a pricing term for those who can show proof of purchase of an earlier version of the program. The price of purchase at the authorized vendor is determined by the authorized vendor whether or not you have an earlier version of the product.

As has been pointed out, this is not Adobe. Rather, essentially user to user forum. For Sale on matter, please contact Adobe Store or the customer service of the authorized reseller of your choice.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

marianne is right, though. At this point there is not an upgrade price for Mac available.

I'm sure it will be available soon, however, as it has been for previous versions in the past. Though contacting Adobe Customer Service may get a more direct answer.

• 4. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

mariannes

What is the problem for you with the availability for upgrade pricing for Premiere Elements 14 Mac?

Some seem to think it is not available. Yet just now I found the following on the Adobe web site which suggests otherwise.

Adobe14Upgrade.jpg

On that page, there is a Help via chat link. Is that where you are finding that what is advertised is not really available?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                  mariannes87397746 Level 1

Dear all,

thank you all for your fast answers/ideas...sorry I meant to upgrade from PE 12 to PE 14, and when I go to the website you mentioned, the Mac option is greyed out on my Mac, however, Windows is available. I guess I'll have to wait a bit, will contact Adobe support though, like some of you mentioned. Romano: Could be a country restriction, as it often happens with movies? I do not want to get the trial version simply because I'm sure that my Mac will stomach PE 14, neither the full version because I then have 2 PE versions on the same PC.

Cheerio

Marianne

• 6. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mariannnes8

Thanks for the reply.

As your schedule permits, please update us on your progress with purchasing Premiere Elements 14 Mac.

It is not clear why you are not seeing the option to buy as you want as I am.

Wondering

a. Could be country difference...as you suggest?

b. Could be computer default browser....I am using Firefox and can see the Mac "upgrade" options.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                      Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you please try to use this link: http://www.adobe.com/ch_fr/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_so ftware_sl_mostpopular_ch_fr.html

and let us know if you are getting upgrade option there or not.

Regards,

Sandeep

• 8. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandeep Singh

Hello.

Is your link in post 7 just a general test to demonstrate whether or not Mac "upgrade" pricing is displaying in the user's computer default browser.

I asked since the user has said nothing about student teacher version, and your link appears to be one for student teacher version which typically does not offer "upgrade" pricing since it is already discounted for student teacher. All I see in the link is the opportunity to select Windows or Mac at a fixed price which seems high for a student teacher version.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Upgrade for Mac?

Dear all

All good and resolved, got an email and could upgrade to the latest version for Mac (previously greyed out). Thank you all for your support.

Marianne Switzerland

• 10. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Marianne Switzerland

Great news. Great job of following through on the troubleshooting.

If your time permits, could you tell us the key to getting the option to buy as you wanted, Premiere Elements 14 Mac with the upgrade rather than full Adobe pricing? Do you know if this was a matter targeting only your computer or did Adobe need to fix something in its web pages?

If your schedule does not permit you to reply, we are still very pleased with the outcome so that you can move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 11. Re: Upgrade for Mac?

Dear all,

I got a personal email (hadn't asked for it) as to the upgrade to PE 14 for Mac (previously only available for Win on adobe's website). Acually, there's not much price difference, but our shops on town did not stock PE 14 for Mac yet. I still had to contact Adobe chat due to the fact that I didn't get a serial number when I downloaded PE14, it came later. So no, Adobe website is ok.

Marianne

• 12. Re: Upgrade for Mac?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Marianne

Thanks for the update.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR