- Your could have simply moved images from one drive to another.
- Please check the links mentioned and follow the instructions
1 person found this helpful
- In your operating system, COPY (not MOVE) the photos to wherever you want them.
- Please follow these instructions ... scroll down to the section entitled Updating Folder Location Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders
- When you are 100% convinced that Lightroom now properly recognizes the photos on your external drive, you can delete the photos from your internal drive
I have tried performing "Update folder location" on the folders on my computer's hard drive after I have already copied the files into their correct location on the external drive - all that happens is that the pictures are duplicated in Lightroom and Lightroom still doesn't see the files on the external drive.
Clearly, you didn't do something properly, as Update Folder Location doesn't duplicate photos, please try again, follow the instructions exactly.
Thank you. Your link has a lot of important stuff in it. I'll read it carefully.
Thank you Rohit. A very simple solution and it is working as I'm writing this.