4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 8:06 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 14 not writing DVD

trtl556

I tried to write to DVD.  Premiere Elements said it couldn't write so it "placed an iso file" in the documents drive.  So I tried writing directly to iso files (to burn later).  Said success but no files.

I had the same issue (within the last 2 weeks) with Premiere Elements 11 so I upgraded.  No luck.

Anyone know why?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not writing DVD
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not writing DVD
            A.T. Romano Level 7

trtl556

Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system?

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 have a preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)". If you do not have Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher as your computer's video card/graphics card, the Publish+Share (now Export & Share) section of the program can have problems.

In the burn to disc area

a. burn to disc failures

and

b. burn to ISO Image, the process may fail or the process succeeds and you cannot find the .iso file in the save location that you designated.

Consequently,

1. Do the burn to disc with that preference disabled in Edit Menu/Preferences/General if your computer does not user Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher

and

2. Delete the Encoded Files Folder (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disc Encoding category to find the location for the Encoded Files Folder.)

and

3. Try the burn to disc

More details later related to the .iso files produced and how to take an iso file to disc with ImgBurn (if you want to do that).

Please review, consider, and do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not writing DVD
              trtl556 Level 1

Premier elements on a Macbook Pro

I had PRE11 and it just stopped.  I then upgraded and it still didn't work.  I tried writing iso files too.  Let me try what you suggested.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not writing DVD
                A.T. Romano Level 7

trtl556

Thanks for the follow up. If you are working with Premiere Elements 14 Mac, then please disregard the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher mention since that appears to be Windows only. You should still be able to look at deletion of the Encoded Files Folder, but I am not sure if that will be the answer because of the history that you present on this.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. I try to look for common ground between Windows Mac versions if there are any. The burn to iso in 14 should have worked if this was a burner/disc issue. The .iso burn to opportunity is a fixed option as compared to 13.

Are you running the programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with these Premiere Elements products? Have you looked at the Mac permissions and application permissions in this regard.

We will be watching for your progress as your time permits.

Thanks.

ATR