4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 9:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 crash

onelane

Is Premiere Element 12 compatible with Win10? I don't have a problem until try to add a menu. Then, the program continually crashes. Any suggestions?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crash
          A.T. Romano Level 7

onelane

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on two computers with the Windows 10 64 bit operating system. No problems.

My impression has been that the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 successes and failures are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit.

There should be no reason for you to be involved with Windows "compatibility settings". Troubleshooting for 12/12.1 should be the same when it is on Windows 10 64 bit or Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit.

Are you running the program from a user account with administrative privileges. In addition, have you right clicked the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon, selected and applied Run As Administrator?

What specific Movie Menu is involved with your issue....all or just a few or just one?

Usual drill questions...

1. QuickTime 7 installed....in the case of Windows 10 64 bit, version 7.7.6  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

2. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card

3. Issue the same with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled

4. When does the computer crash

a. When you hit Tools Menu/Movie Menu

b. When you hit Tools Menu/Movie Menu and click on the menu of choice

c. When you hit Continue after selecting menu theme wanted

d. Other?

5. What is the duration and complexity of the Timeline content when you go to Tools Menu/Movie Menu?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crash
            onelane Level 1

Usual drill questions...

1. QuickTime 7 installed....in the case of Windows 10 64 bit, version 7.7.6  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows-installed nd up to date

2. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card-up to date

3. Issue the same with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled-same

4. When does the computer crash

c. When you hit Continue after selecting menu theme wanted

5. What is the duration and complexity of the Timeline content when you go to Tools Menu/Movie Menu?

The timeline is 56:43 and there are 4 menus

I am able to use some menus, but have the same result, explained below.

When the media is encoded and the project begins the burn process, I get the following message

"internal software error...\vobulator\BlockPlanner.cpp,line 215"

I would also like to note that if I don't use any menus, , I can complete the burn.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 crash
              A.T. Romano Level 7

onelane

Sorry for the delayed reply. Apologizes, I got detoured getting to your thread.

If you are seeing

"internal software error...\vobulator\BlockPlanner.cpp,line 215"

99.99999% of the time that means that you have a stop marker at the end of the last file on the Edit area's Timeline.

Please go to the Expert workspace Edit area and search for that Timeline stop marker and remove it...just the one at the end of the last file on the Timeline.

That stop marker is not need there and is the cause of burn to failures.

Please let us know if the stop marker removal at that location was the key to resolving your burn to issue.

Thank you.

ATR