5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 3:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10

Zickie

Hi,

I just purchased Premiere 14 (and Elements 14) as an upgrade to my Premiere 13 Install.  I'm running Windows 10 and downloaded and installed the 64 Bit version of Premiere.

I also have the Adobe CC Photographers package installed and running (which as worked alongside Premiere 13).

I have 16GB of RAM and over ha;f of my hard disk space free

I get the following error when I try and run Premiere 14 (I have uninstalled it and re-installed as an Administrator and have had the same result)

Adobe Premiere Bug.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Maurice

• 1. Re: Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which version of quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Maurice

Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit

Be certain to be working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer. If not, download that specific version from QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Download and install is with antivirus and firewalls disabled. The Akamai Downloader that Adobe uses is prone to firewalls issues ( I have assumed that you purchased the download from Adobe.)

What video card/graphics card does your computer use. Please verify with Device Manager/Display Adapters/name(s) of video card/graphic card(s)

Please go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 14

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Folder find, right click the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click the file and determine if the program opens for you to its workspaces.

If that does not work, then consider the following

Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts) CCleaner - Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Please review, consider, and then let us know your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10
              Zickie Level 1

I had QT 7.7.7 Installed.  I"ve just un-installed it and am installing QT 7.7.6 and running as Administrator after running CCleaner and re-booting

• 4. Re: Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10
                Zickie Level 1

Thanks ATR.  The version of Quicktime didn't do the trick, but running the .exe file as an Administrator did it.

I"ve noticed in Win 10, There are a couple of programs where I was running into problems with correct inheritance of rights.

Thanks to you both.

Really appreciate the help

• 5. Re: Premiere 14 Wont Start up and Crashes on Windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Zickie

Thanks for the great news of success moving forward with your Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit. Great job in follow through to gain the success with the Run As Administrator for the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file.

Even though it did not turn out to be the deciding factor in your case, just a little note....

That Windows 10 64 bit business with QuickTime is curious. I upgraded two of my computers to Windows 10 64 bit. The one that had Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit points to QuickTime 7.7.7 as the latest version. The one that had Window 8.1 64 bit points to QuickTime 7.7.6 as the last version. Yet QuickTime 7.7.8 is the version listed at the Apple web site as latest version. Until Apple works out the details for QuickTime 7 latest version for Windows 10 64 bit, I have decided to go with QuickTime 7.7.6. Even though is not the actual latest version, it meets the Premiere Elements System Requirement.

Please let us know if any further questions or need clarification.

Best wishes

ATR