10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 12:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Reply [about a DVD burn problem]

colinb11482679

How do I reply to members questions in this forum?

[Duplicate message DVD Burn is now locked... Mod]

• 1. Re: Reply
          A.T. Romano Level 7

colinb

This the following the thread to which you want to add a reply?

DVD Burn

If so, just click on the above link.

When the thread opens, go to the post to which you want to reply and hit the Reply button at the bottom right of the post.

Please let us know if you are OK with that information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Reply
            colinb11482679 Level 1

This had a reply button   Others didn't   So I deleted the scratch folder for encoded video  and tried again to burn the DVD   Everything worked until it actually started burning the DVD  then it just ejected the DVD and it just says " was interrupted"

So a few more answers to other questions

It is a windows 8.1   It is a fairly  new machine

The Slide show is simply about 200 jpg photos from several cameras with music    previews OK 

• 4. Re: Reply
              A.T. Romano Level 7

colinb

Thanks for the reply.

Important....you deleted the Encoded Files Folder. But, very important, did you disable the preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)". That is a must do if your computer does not use a Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher video card/graphics card. As mentioned before, that preference is found Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

What are the pixel dimensions of those 200 photos (width and height in pixels) - much over 1920 x 1080?

Once you have the content on the Timeline and the DVD disc in the burner tray, you should see in the burn dialog a listing for

Space Required and Bitrate. What are those values when you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

We will be watching for further details in this thread or the other. But best in the other so that all contributions are visible.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Reply
                colinb11482679 Level 1

ATR

Thanks for for you guidance   I did uncheck Hardware acceleration  in the General Preferences and it WORKS      Boy why would Adobe have the software tell you that it does not work because of this???

BTW  reply does not work with Internet Explorer  I am using Chrome now !

• 6. Re: Reply
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

colinb

Great news of your success, and great job with the follow through.

That Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher preference situation is the same in 14 as it is in 13/13.1. The history on what this enabled preference is supposed to do can be found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13/13.1: Hardware Acceleration Preference

Glad you got the browser situation worked out. Well done on that also.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Reply
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Another option is to create an ISO and use Imgburn to write the ISO to disc

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

• 8. Re: Reply [about a DVD burn problem]
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

colinb

Consider what works best for you.

If I had burn to disc working, I would stay with that approach rather than go to an alternative workflow which requires two steps and two programs.

But, are you in a situation where multiple copies of a disc product is needed for your viewers? Even there, many of the burn software that come with the burner offer exact copy feature.

Premiere Elements burn dialog used to come with a copies option. I do not see that copy option in Premiere Elements 14 burn area settings, but I do see copies in the burn dialog of 13/13.1.

Burn to ISO Image is bad news in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 if the .iso produced is Blu-ray or AVCHD and its file size is over 1 GB. That apparently is fixed in Premiere Elements 14. But, if you ever wanted to get the .iso file to disc, you do not need ImgBurn. Please take a look at Adobe document using Windows and Mac for the job.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Burning an ISO image

ATR

• 9. Re: Reply [about a DVD burn problem]
                        colinb11482679 Level 1

Thanks ATR, I have successfully burned and played the Slideshow on a DVD but you make an interesting observation on ISO Images especially on Blue Ray

Colin

• 10. Re: Reply [about a DVD burn problem]
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Colin

Wonderful news about  "....I have successfully burned and played the slideshow on a DVD...."  Well done.

Please do not hesitate to ask if further questions.

ATR