2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 8:55 AM by thedillpickle

Rotobrush playback in layer preview doesn't start from current time?

thedillpickle Level 1

In previous versions of AE, I was able to work with the rotobrush by starting and stopping playback to advance propagation forward. I would roto the area i needed, push play (spacebar), advance a few frames and observe how the roto shifted (if at all), pause playback after a few frames and add or subtract an area with the rotobrush, then press play and continue forward. Now, it seems, with the new preview engine in 2015, pushing play starts the preview over from the beginning of the rotobushed clip. I'll roto the last frame that was proigated, push play, and have to sit through playback of my entire roto'd clip before it starts propagating forward from the end frame.

So instead I have to work frame by frame, which is fine for detailed work. But there are times when I would rather be able to push the space bar and have playback AND propagation continue from the current frame I had just rototbrushed.

Is there anyway to change this behavior, or is this just the way it will be/should I just put up a feature request?'

Thanks in advance.

-D

Relevant specs if you need them:

CC 2015.0.1

Mac OSX Yosemite

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB