What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 14 running on?
This issue was introduced to us only the other day by a Premiere Elements 14 Mac user and a user with undefined computer operating system.
The solution goes to adjusting the permissions of the Common Folder in the ARA Folder path.
Please see Sandeep Singh instructions and details of your specific situation. Below I have documented the issue in an item in my Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discovery Blog....excerpt item 004.
004. Royality Activation Error In Premiere Elements 14
A Mac user ran into a "Royality Activation" error in setting up Premiere Elements 14 Mac.
Another user subsequently reported the same error with setting up Premiere Elements 14, but the computer operating system on that one is not known at this time.
Adobe Staff, Aurobi, pointed the user to the following Adobe document related to ARA Folder deletion
Adobe Staff, Sandeep Singh, instructions to look to the permissions of the Common Folder in which the ARA Folder exists solved the problem for at least one of the two users reporting this Royality Activation Error in Premiere Elements 14.
See Adobe Forum thread (post 15) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1963175
The following is an excerpt of Sandeep Singh's instructions for working on Mac with the involved Common Folder's permissions
Could you check permission on this folder
Steps to check permissions:
- Right click on the Common folder
- Go to information in Sharing & Permissions isn’t visible, click the disclosure triangle.
- If necessary, click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click a user or group in the Name column, then choose a privilege setting from the pop-up menu.
- Give Read & Write: Allows a user to open the item and change it.
- If your username is not displaying Please click Add + to add the your name owner.
- close the get info box
Please do these steps for Adobe folder also.
for more information about giving permission on mac you can check this document : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18894?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US
More information on this as it becomes available. Great job of customer service by Adobe Staff.
Comments for Windows can be pointed out for you if you are using a Windows not Mac computer.
Please give more details and your results as your schedule permits.