2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 7:17 PM by RLaw59

Perpetual license not starting up

RLaw59 Level 1

I have LR 6 on a perpetual license. I deleted LR5 from the Creative Cloud application and now LR and Photoshop (both on perpetual licenses) fail to open....This is a messed up system that keeps identifying my version of LR as LR 5, not LR 6. LR 5 has been removed from my machine for months! HELP - ON A DEADLINE!!!

• 1. Re: Perpetual license not starting up
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Rlaw,

Please navigate to below location to check and confirm the installation.

In Windows :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

In Mac :

\Applications\Adobe Lightroom

Launch Lightroom.

If you do not have Lightroom 6 installed, please follow the below link to download and install.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Perpetual license not starting up
            RLaw59 Level 1

That was not the issue. With perpetual licenses the free Creative Cloud application installed duplicate Application Managers and that created confusion in the ~/Library. When I went to uninstall the LR5 shown in the app, it took that to mean uninstall LR6. That would have been fine but after re-downloading LR6 it would not install; the application manager kept failing. Had to track down multiple installations of a file ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE (that file was loaded two library locations, main and user). Once that was trashed was able to finally re-install LR6.

I'm staying away from the Free Creative Cloud application until this gets sorted out; somehow installing that (for the managed updates) screwed up the process. I'll go with manual updates.