7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 2:08 PM by nathanhall

Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone

nathanhall

I have left a message on the Play feedback regarding my issue.

Adobe reader cannot be shared with any other app using my Galaxy Note 4.

This includes emailing of pdf's.

It is currently impossible for me to email a pdf from my phone or share it with my job management software.

This is really pathetic and you offer paid services??

No way would I pay for your software when you can't even fix this issue.

Come on, please fix, it's costing me time and money with my business not to mention my reputation as when I'm on the run, I need to email pdf files. I have to drive back to my office to email them from my Windows PC.

• 1. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
          sakjain1 Adobe Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Could you please provide us the following information about the issue so that we may understand it better?

1.  Which e-mail client are you using to share a file?

2.  Android OS version installed on your device?

3.  What is the path on which these files are located?Is it on the cloud or from your device?

4.  How do you share the file? From the 'Share' button in the bottom bar when the file is open or from the Local/Recent file listing by long pressing on the document?

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

• 2. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
            nathanhall Level 1

Hi,

Just letting you know this still isn’t fixed.

I know I hadn’t replied, but everyone else must be having the same problem??

I have tried using Outlook for Android and Touchdown by Symantec, Gmail etc – Quick hint for you..  that ain’t the problem.

I am using an up to date Galaxy Note 4 – Ain’t the problem.

The path of the file doesn’t matter.  It’s every single PDF that I open with Adobe Reader.  I can’t email or share a file.

The only way I can is if I open a PDF with another application, such as Drive PDF viewer, or OneDrive PDF viewer, but I can’t sign the documents with these apps, so I need Adobe to be able to sign docs and email/share files.   This hasn’t been possible for months.

Yesterday I had one of my employees open a PDF to have a job signed off on a work order.   Can open the PDF and sign it, but he couldn’t share or email the file, so it’s not only a waste of time, but it costs time, because now I have to print the file, re-attend the site, have them sign it on paper, then bring it home to scan and send etc…… all because of glitchy software in 2015.

So it happens with my phone, my employees phone…..not a coincidence….please don’t ask me to rectify the problem.

That’s your job…come on… please fix.

Many thanks.

Nathan Hall.

• 3. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
              brogers123 Adobe Employee

Hi Nathan,

This is not a problem that users are generally experiencing, so the issue is likely with your environment or Acrobat version. To troubleshoot the issue, you need to provide the information above. Provide the OS version and Acrobat version as described here: Acrobat Reader Help for Android: FAQ.

Also, is this your workflow?:

1. Open Acrobat
              2. Open a PDF
              3. Tap the share icon
              4. Tap Share file

If you do all that, what then happens?

Ben

• 4. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
                nathanhall Level 1

Adobe Acrobat Reader 15.3

Android version 5.0.1

And yes, that is the workflow I use.

Open a file – either downloaded from email or web or accessed from Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Tap share, (couldn’t access file) error.

When emailing, file is added to email to be sent.  Email is sent.  Recipient gets blank email with no attachments.

• 5. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
                  nathanhall Level 1

Adobe Acrobat Reader 15.3

Android version 5.0.1

And yes, that is the workflow I use.

Open a file – either downloaded from email or web or accessed from Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Tap share, (couldn’t access file) error.

When emailing, file is added to email to be sent.  Email is sent.  Recipient gets blank email with no attachments.

• 6. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
                    abhissha Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Nathan,

May I know when you are using this app are you logged in with your Adobe ID or not?

You mentioned in your previous post that before sharing the PDF you are signing it (Using Comment Tool). So if you go back to the app you are getting the signature on the PDF?

Please login with your Adobe ID on this app and when you tap on Share icon in the PDF,

you will 2 options: 'Share' and 'Share Public Link'. This mainly uploads the file on the Document Cloud storage and creates a public link to be shared.

I would like you to try this:

Go to Settings > Apps > Adobe Acrobat

Under App Info, click on 'Clear Cache' button

Then try your workflow

Still if it is not working

Uninstall the app

Then download and install it from APK file directly.

Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 7. Re: Unable to share or email pdf's from android phone
                      nathanhall Level 1

Stop wasting my time with ******** attempts to fix your poor software.

Ok, so I've tried all the above and I even know prior to doing it, that it won't work.

I cleared the cache in my phone, uninstalled the app, reinstalled.  Opened a pdf from a file in my email.  Hit the share icon, selected my email application.  Emailed the file to myself.....blank email, no file attached.

Myself and my colleagues have no choice but to keep using Google PDF viewer and printing to paper for signing.

We're uninstalling Adobe Reader, it's total crap.