Could you check how you are sorting the images
If image is Appearing after restarting Lightroom,something is wrong with sorting order.
- You could check this by creating a new catalog
- Import one image to the catalog
- Then edit in Photoshop
- save back to Lightroom and check if the image appears immediately
If the Previous steps does not resolve the Problem.You should reset Preferences for Lightroom and Photoshop
Reset Lightroom Preferences
- Backup your catalog and close Lightroom
- Press and hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT while starting Lightroom and select yes on the Prompt to reset Preferences.
Reset Photoshop Preferences
- Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
- Or from Edit>>Preferences>>General .Click on reset Preferences on next restart.
- Backup Actions/Modified Workspaces/Plugins before(if any)
Once done try the same operation agian and let us know if that helps
The image appears fine, what does not appear is the updated version of the image post changes made either by plugin or photoshop with .tiff files. All other image types (RAW, jpg, and PSD do not reflect this problem...its only .tiff)
Resetting preferences did not resolve the problem.
I have multiple catalogs and it happens in each one. Some catalogs were upgraded and some were created new in LR CC, this does not seem to affect the problem
64-bit LRCC 6.1.1
LR fixed a bug with these symptoms in an earlier release (2015.1, I think), which appears to have resolved the issue for most people. A few have continue to report problems, however.
Are you running LR 6.1.1 (the stand-alone version) or LR Creative Cloud 2015.1.1? Triple-check that you are on the most recent release by doing Help > System Info. The flaky upgrade process has fooled many people into thinking they were running the most recent version.
If you've triple-checked you're on 6.1.1 / 2015.1.1, please add your vote and details to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: .tif files not updating in the Develop module in latest update of Lightroom CC 2015. I strongly recommend continuing the conversation there, so everyone else can benefit.
Lightroom version: CC 2015.1.1 [ 1032027 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 8.1 Home Premium Edition
Version: 6.3 
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
from system info. it is the latest version
After a long bit of study and research I found the real solution to this problem. In the catalog settings there is an option to automatically write out changes in the xmp files. If this is checked the changes are not picked up by LR until restarted. I had noticed there was an occasional message about not completing writing out the xmp file and it would complete the next time LR was restarted.
Unchecking this option allows the changes to be picked up immediately. Hope this helps someone else having similar problems.
Under catalog settings in the file handling tab you will see this option. If it is checked, try unchecking it and see if this allows your edits to be picked up when closing third-party applications work from LR.