first line add
Thank you for your reply!
This will however not help in this case, since not even the sample scripts supplied by Adobe will run from the script panel.
I've managed to get the 64 bit versions of CC 2014 and 2015 to work using the methods described in this post. InDesign 7.0 breaks Visual Basic reference
The 32 bit versions running on 32 bit systems are still giving me problem though.
I will update this thread if I learn anything else.
Second, the error you reported seems to be pointing to a error in your code (you are trying to access an inexistent property of some object, like, for example myObject.tables, when myObject is a Image). But without more details and the actual code, i don't think anyone will be able to help.
Thank you for replying.
I am not trying to run my own script, that is not the problem. The problem I am having is not being able to run even the sample scripts provided by Adobe.
I've managed to solve our problem and I'll just add some additional info provided by adobe support in case anyone else comes across something similar.
" In terms of InDesign registering the type libraries with Windows, it's a two-step process. Firstly, InDesign CC 2015 should write 2 files when it launches if the files don't already exist at these locations:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\InDesign\Version 11.0\en_US\Scripting Support\11.0\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 11.0\en_US\Caches\Scripting Support\11.0\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb
It should also create the following registry entries:
value = C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 11.0\en_US\Caches\Scripting Support\11.0\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb
value = C:\ProgramData\Adobe\InDesign\Version 11.0\en_US\Scripting Support\11.0\Resources for Visual Basic.tlb
Secondly, those tlb files need registered with Windows. If the tlb files are created, you can force the registration using regtlibv12.exe, passing 'Resources for Visual Basic.tlb' "
The only way I could get InDesign to generate new .tlb files was to either remove or add a plugin and then launch it as an administrator. This also lead me to find the problem, one of our internal plugins had a duplicate CLID in it's scripting objects which must have prevented InDesign from loading the .tlb.