3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2006 12:20 PM by Captiv8r

Publishing

Armstrong816
      I am new to Captivate and was wondering what exactly does publishing button do?
        • 1. Re: Publishing
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Armstrong816

Be careful with that button! If you click it, it will:

* Set an alarm to wake you at 5:45
          * Start the coffee
          * Iron your outfit for the day
          * Polish your shoes
          * Cook your oatmeal
          * Defrost your car windows

And much much more! (Of course I'm kidding)

On a more serious note, the Publish button is where you take your Captivate source file and prepare it for the world. You have many different options. The most often used options are:

* SWF
          * EXE

Both of these options prepare the movie for placement on either a PC, a CD-ROM or a server for others to view it.

So you have a project source file (the Captivate .CP file) and the Publish button provides the ability to create an Output file that your end user will view.

Hopefully that was what you were looking for.

Sincerely... Rick
          • 2. Publishing
            Armstrong816 Level 1
            I have created a Mutilpe Choice Project and I was wondering if i where to publish it would it be possible to have the question pop up on the screen at a certian time?
            • 3. Re: Publishing
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again Armstrong816

I'm not sure I understand you. Are you asking if you can have the question appear at a certain time in a Captivate movie or are you asking if perhaps you can configure a PC so a captivate movie containing a question suddenly pops up at perhaps 2:30 PM each day?

If it's the former, yes you can control it by placing the question slide at the right spot in the movie. If it's the latter, you might be able to accomplish it via some form of scheduling software. For example, my Norton Anti-virus kicks off a total system scan on Friday evenings at 8:00 PM.

Cheers... Rick