4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 1:06 PM by nextens0

acrobat pro dc keeps saying subscription expired

nextens0 Level 1

Hi, having recently renewed my Creative Cloud Subscription and updated all my Adobe CC apps and applied frequent recent updates, whenever I open Acrobat Pro DC, on bottom right of page is a warning saying "Subscription Expired" asking me to "Activate".

I do the Activation, it confirms activated and to close and re-start. I do that and it still tells me subscription expired. I have Activated it 4 times over the past month to no avail.

Is this why I cannot get Acrobat DC app on my Windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 930 phone. All updates are applied. All I can get is the standard Adobe Reader with severely limited use of pdf's and no ability to do anything other than view or share to OneDrive.  I have activated the "mobile link".

Regards Andrew

• 1. Re: acrobat pro dc keeps saying subscription expired
          KanikaS Adobe Employee

Kindly Reset the hosts file :-

Windows

1. Choose Start > Run, type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc, and then press Enter.
          2. Right-click the hosts file and select Open. Select Notepad for the application to open the hosts file.
          3. Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.
          4. Search the hosts file for entries that reference adobe (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com, or 127.0.0.1 lm.licensing.adobe.com) and delete these entries.
          5. Save and close the file.
          6. Restart your computer.

Mac OSLog in as an administrator to edit the hosts file in Mac OS.

1. In a Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.
          2. Type /etc.
          3. Select the hosts file and open it.
          4. Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.
          5. Search the hosts file for entries that reference adobe (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com, or 127.0.0.1 lm.licensing.adobe.com) and delete these entries.Save and close the file.
          6. Restart your computer.
          • 2. Re: acrobat pro dc keeps saying subscription expired
            nextens0 Level 1

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed the exact instruction (for Windows - I am Wiin 10) but the Hosts file in the 'etc' folder says it is only a sample Host file with content as below.

The only other Hosts file in that folder is Hosts.ics for calendar.

Any suggestions ??

Rgds Andrew

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server

#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1       localhost

# ::1             localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

127.0.0.1       localhost

• 3. Re: acrobat pro dc keeps saying subscription expired
              KanikaS Adobe Employee

Hi,

When it asks you to to license it , just click on the option Not your adobe ID and then sign in .

Also make sure you are signing in with the correct Email ID .

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: acrobat pro dc keeps saying subscription expired
                nextens0 Level 1

Sorry slow reply, have been ill.

As I noted, there is no 'Hosts' file, none that is anymore than a sample as copied in my previous, and  nothing referring to Adobe. I have done a system wide deep search for a Hosts file.

Naturally, I am using the correct email address and Adobe confirms my subscription nis successful - but it is not !!!

I have tried using activate and the other option.

So I have a product I am paying for each month which I have not been able to use for 2 months. I cannot do anything other than basic free Adobe Reader functions.

I can create a pdf by using Word and printing to pdf, but that is all.

I depend on using Adobe Acrobat for pdf creation. PLEASE HELP