1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 4:16 AM by Devendra Kumar

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

baherg1384292

Dear All

I have bought a biostatistics book from accp.com, downloaded ADE, authorized the device without AdobeID, downloaded the book (through .acsm link file) opened it, worked perfectly

then i  tried to authorize the device using my AdobeID, the book did not open and i have received the following error message:

Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Clip_3.jpg

I searched for the downloded book in the ADE folder tried to open it and got this mmessage

Clip_4.jpg

I will appreciate if any one can help me in this issue, thanks

• 1. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
          Devendra Kumar Adobe Employee

"I am getting the error 'Error getting License: License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER' when opening Adobe Digital Editions."

This error message is a result of a several different issues:

1. User has installed an Adobe ID on more than one machine
          2. User has modified the clocks on their computer
          3. User has modified their account from a "Do Not Authorize" to an "Adobe Activated ID"
          4. User has uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Digital Editions, but the installation is not being completely removed from the computer.

Resolution: Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two methods:
            • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions > Uninstall
            • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
          2. Initiate Uninstall
          3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
            • Start > Run > Regedit
          4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
          5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
          6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
            • C:\data\my digital editions
            • C:\my documents\my digital editions
          7. Delete any documents within these folders:
            • Restore > Tasks
            • Restore > Failed
          8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

This is the information I came across on the forums--hope it helps

Regards,

Devendra Kumar