2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 5:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Another Installer...

richardm75211678

Hi All,

I am using windows 10 and trying to install Adobe Premiere Elements 13. i keep getting the following error message...

'Another installer is currently running, which must be closed before installing this product. Please close other installers."

I'm not the most efficient on computers, but i am pretty sure there isn't anything else installing.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Another Installer...
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In my experience Windows 10 continues to run an installer for some programs even after the install screens close.

Waiting a few minutes usually allows the process to finish. But if it's taking a frustratingly long time, you can always reboot your system.

• 2. Re: Another Installer...
            A.T. Romano Level 7

richardm

I have experienced what you have reported with various versions of Premiere Elements (at least both 13 and 14) when using 2 different Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit computers, 1 Windows 10 Home 64 bit computer, and 1 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I get the same message that you are reporting at installation. I do not have an explanation for why it is happening. This is not an exclusive Windows 10 64 bit matter nor is it an exclusive Premiere Elements 13 version matter. My recollection is that I have seen this with downloaded installation files of both 13 and 14. I cannot say for sure if I have seen this when installation from disc. What have you been using downloaded installation files or installation disc? Important to point out that there was no other program being installed for days, months before the Premiere Elements install.

Now, I just hit the Ignore button to continue and move forward in the installation of the Premiere Elements version.

ATR