8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 4:54 PM by bettijoh80047563

Tethering: How to save photo on Memory Card + Computer with Canon

bettijoh80047563

I have been shooting tethered for over a year with a Canon Rebel T5i and Lightroom on a Mac Laptop. The photo would always save on the memory card that was in the camera as well as being transferred to the computer.  I got a new laptop and installed Lightroom but now when I shoot tethered the photo is only being transferred to the computer so there is no longer the memory card backup I've become used to. 

Clearly since I was doing it in the past it is possible with a Canon to have the image save to the memory card and the computer. I just can't figure out how to make it happen.

I think the only difference is the new laptop -- I believe even the version of Lightroom is the same. 

I've looked everywhere for some setting that I need to turn on our something, but I'm coming up with nothing. I even tried calling Canon technical support, but they said it is a Lightroom issue. I can't find any other way to get support for Lightroom besides this forum so I'm hoping someone can help??

Thanks!