4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 8:02 PM by johnrellis

Lightroom, face detection & flickr title

albertot62430079

i use LR to develop sport images, i need to have'em uploaded to flickr with people name as title;
      i'm very glad to have found face recognition feature in CC edition, but i see it only store names in keywords field and as i export images to flickr (with the standard plugin) i can only choose flickr use filename or iptc title;

is there a way to let me have what i need? (face recognition storing names in iptc title field OR flickr using keywords field as title... OR replicate values of metadata fields copying keywords field into keywords field)

PS (i cannot use file renaming function during export because it adds a progressive number when find same people and adds ".jpg" extension in flickr title)

thanks anyone will help me

• 1. Re: Lightroom, face detection & flickr title
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Albertot,

Lightroom adds the facial recognition as Keywords upon exporting using Flickr.

Lightroom has its own algorithm to recognize the faces. Flickr uses its own for facial recognition.

If you want to have different names for every images, you need to export the images one by one after renaming the files.

You may also leave the file renaming to use the original name which you see in the metadata of Lightroom as File Name.

Hope this helps

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Lightroom, face detection & flickr title
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
            i use LR to develop sport images, i need to have'em uploaded to flickr with people name as title

The Search Replace Transfer plugin can copy keywords to the Title field.

• 3. Re: Lightroom, face detection & flickr title
              albertot62430079 Level 1

hi, thank you for answer but i think i made question a bit confusing:
              my problem is that face recognition puts names in KEYWORDS field (i'd need it putting names in TITLE field instead) if it's not possible a workaround is acting on field flickr uses for titling pics (forget about flickr face recognition, it's an aspect i don't care)
              what i'm trying to reach (as second option) is flickr to use another field (not iptc title than is not set) for titling the pics, but it seems it can only use the exported file name (and it could be quite right if i'm able to exclude ".jpg" (coming from the filename) and the progressive number (when LR kewywords are the same) from the flickr title.

now i'm exporting on flickr renaming file (from the export panel ) as "keywords" before the pics are uploaded in flickr

notice: i'm not exporting pics and then upload'em from flickr web page, i'm doing everything from the export plugin

• 4. Re: Lightroom, face detection & flickr title
                johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
                my problem is that face recognition puts names in KEYWORDS field (i'd need it putting names in TITLE field instead)

Use the Search Replace Transfer plugin to copy the Keywords field to the Title field.