5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 8:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

supertonyhuang

Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Windows 7?

My Premiere Elements crashes all the time, and it's a new install.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can certainly go to the Help menu and Check for Updates. There have been updates posting.

But if your program is crashing a lot, your problems are probably not going to be resolved with a simple update.

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the updates, not just the ones installed automatically? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements? Have you run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter and ensured you have at least 50 gigs of free, clean space on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Have you rendered the timeline whenever you've seen yellow-orange lines along the top of the timeline, above your clips?

• 2. Re: Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?
            supertonyhuang Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply! My workstation is disconnected from the internet. Do you know if there is a way to manually download of the patches?

I'll check on the version of Quicktime and other things you have mentioned. I have more than 50G of disk space.

Another issue i have seen is the performance of the software is sluggish - even resizing the elements software when nothing is loaded.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

supertonyhuang

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit)....

The only updates that you will find now Premiere Elements 13 will be the Premiere Elements 13.1 Update which is described in the following link

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

and the Camera Raw Update 9.0. See Help Menu/Updates of an opened project. Have you been there and done that? If so....

What are you doing in the program when the program crashes? If crash related to import of media, then please detail the properties of the source media.

And, mention if the problem exists with a new project and different source media. What are your computer resource - installed and available RAM, free hard drive space, etc.

Then the usual drill...

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

3. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Does your computer use more than 1 video card/graphics card? See Device Manager/Display Adapters/name of card(s).

Important: Since Premiere Elements 13 was installed to your computer, has Premiere Elements 13 ever run for you without the crash problem.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once you give me the rest of the information I've asked for, Tony, I'll be better able to advise you how to address your performance problems.

• 5. Re: Are there patches for Adobe Premiere Elements 13?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

supertonyhuang

I saw your latest post only after I had posted my comments.

Did you go online to install Premiere Elements 13? Do you have access to an Internet connection?

There is no way to get the Help Menu/Updates for 13 without an Internet connection.

And, your offline condition may be blocking any feature activations that go on after program installation/activation.

How much more than 50 GB of free hard drive space? Where are you Scratch Disks pointed and how much free space is at those locations?

See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

ATR