1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 3:19 AM by Peter Spier

CS6 intermittently crashing/erroring during save

ianhisemanTD

An issue my clients have been having a while now.  They have several Macs, all on a fully up-to-date version of Yosemite, and all running Adobe CS6 suite, which I believe is also fully uptodate.  They predominantly use inDesign, but they experience issues with all the packages.  They now have a Server 2012 R2 file server, although they experienced similar issues with the previous SBS2011 server.

The issue is that intermittently while saving/working in any of the adobe suites they get issues like the following images.

It's my understanding that Yosemite by defauly uses SMB3 the same as 2012R2, but we have tested with AFP and NFS and get the same issues with both.  They NEVER physically lose connection with the server or network (confirmed by running multiple ping tests) and have other programs (Outlook, Office apps) that are using documents on the server that never have any issues. 

Usually when they get an issue with saving, they can sometimes rename and save as, or sometimes they have to save locally.  I have searched forums, and it seems a lot of people have issues like this, but nobody really has a solution for it. 

I don't really want to go back to my client and say I can't find a solution for this, but it's looking that way.  Does anyone have any ideas of where to look next? 

Core1.png

Core2.png

core3.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 16 41 04.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-23 at 16 41 11.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-23 at 16 42 08.png