6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 10:57 AM by billpiekney

printing problems in Lightroom 5

billpiekney Level 1

IN LR5 I cannot print to large format papers.  The print comes out on about 2/3 of the paper and is heavily cropped.  I can get the full print on 11x17 or 16x20 if I print via Preview or another app such as Nikon's Transfer 2.  I have found others online who have this same problem but there is no solution from Adobe.  Does anyone know lwhat can be done?

• 1. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It might be useful to know the type of your printer as well as your OS

• 2. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
            billpiekney Level 1

Yes, thank you.  I am running an iMac on Mountain Lion, although I just updated to El Capitan.  I have not tried printing again with the upgraded OS, although I don't think it will make a difference because up until a few months ago I was able to print to large papers from within LR5.  The problem came suddently and out of the blue. 

The printer is an Epson 4800.  I have seen comments from others on this same problem, but not on this forum.  I don't recall which fora I saw them before, but I came away convinced that the issue is not confined to me.  There were about a half dozen similar complaints.  Adobe offers no support for LR5, and I cannot get to a chat window on the Adobe forum, with Adobe consistently referring one to a forum rather than an operating chat window. 

I have had this problem for months now, and still have no solution that allows me to print within LR.  Adobe's support is terrible and it is surprising that LR5 and earlier issues are no longer supported, given that LR5 is not that old a system.

• 3. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
              robs78657045

I'm having a similar problem with LR CC!!  I'm at my wits end with this whole printing thing.  I've been trying to print a 40x60 in print on my epson 9900, but the print gets cropped and stop printing at 52 inches instead of completing the full print.  I've been in touch with Adobe support but they haven't been able to provide an answer as to why this keeps happening!  I also had issues printing an 11x17 prints on roll paper too.  The print would come out the wrong size and orientation.  I've waisted huge amounts of paper and ink trying to get these prints done!!

• 4. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
                billpiekney Level 1

Exactly the same problems here.  Have you been able to print via another

app, such as preview, Nikon Transfer 2 or Nikon View NX?

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015, robs78657045 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
                  robs78657045 Level 1

What I've been doing when this problem starts is send the file to Photoshop CC and print from there.  It's a huge pain and slows down my process considerably, having to print this way, but more than anything I waste huge amounts of time and resources.

• 6. Re: printing problems in Lightroom 5
                    billpiekney Level 1

I certainly understand.  I too have gone through copious quantities of ink

and paper since this ******* began.  I don't have photoshop - only LR, so

I'm stuck without that option.  Well, you're in the email lineup, so I'll

inform you of any breakthroughs, unlikely as that appears to be at this

staqge.  Hope you'd do the same.

Bill

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015, robs78657045 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>