3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2006 12:54 PM by tooMuchTrouble

cf wizard blank dialogs

tooMuchTrouble Level 3
      after ripping out the older version and installing the new cf wizard (where fb is a plugin to an existing eclipse install) , i can see the wizard in the "new-->other" but when i try starting it up, i get a blank dialog "welcome to the power of coldfusion". and that's that. the beginning of the .log file has:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2006-05-16 9:01:30.745
      !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContainerContentP rovider.getChildren(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContainerContentP rovider.hasChildren(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.isExpandable(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1378)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.updatePlus(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1845)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createTreeItem(AbstractTreeViewer.java:536)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:514)
      at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:494)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:983)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1201 )
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:973)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:248)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1417)
      at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContainerSelectio nGroup.createTreeViewer(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContainerSelectio nGroup.createContents(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContainerSelectio nGroup.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at
      .... etc.

any ideas?

thanks.
        • 1. Re: cf wizard blank dialogs
          Harmeister
          I figured out what the problem was, fixed it, and it will be available in the next release of the plugins.

What causes it is a file w/o an extension in one of your open projects. If you close the project(s) that has the offending files, you will be able to run the wizard.
          • 2. Re: cf wizard blank dialogs
            Level 7
            I've passed this onto the team doing the ColdFusion/Flex stuff.
            According to them, if a file with no extension exists in any open
            projects, this error will occur. And they've now fixed the bug for the
            final release. So thanks for letting us know!

Rebecca - Adobe

PaulH wrote:
            > after ripping out the older version and installing the new cf wizard (where fb
            > is a plugin to an existing eclipse install) , i can see the wizard in the
            > "new-->other" but when i try starting it up, i get a blank dialog "welcome to
            > the power of coldfusion". and that's that. the beginning of the .log file has:
            >
            > !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2006-05-16 9:01:30.745
            > !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
            > !STACK 0
            > java.lang.NullPointerException
            > at
            > com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContaine
            > rContentProvider.getChildren(Unknown Source)
            > at
            > com.adobe.coldfusion.wizards.superwizard.components.flexderived.FilteredContaine
            > rContentProvider.hasChildren(Unknown Source)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.isExpandable(AbstractTreeViewer.jav
            > a:1378)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.updatePlus(AbstractTreeViewer.java:
            > 1845)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createTreeItem(AbstractTreeViewer.j
            > ava:536)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:514)
            > at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.j
            > ava:494)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:983)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.
            > java:1201)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.jav
            > a:973)
            > at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:248)
            > at
            > org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1417)
            > at
            > rSelectionGroup.createTreeViewer(Unknown Source)
            > at
            > rSelectionGroup.createContents(Unknown Source)
            > at
            > rSelectionGroup.<init>(Unknown Source)
            > at
            > .... etc.
            >
            > any ideas?
            >
            > thanks.
            >
            • 3. Re: cf wizard blank dialogs
              tooMuchTrouble Level 3
              sorry but that workaround doesn't work. getting the same error. maybe i pooched the install? to be sure, can i just delete all the files & dirs that damon's blog mentions & re-do the eclipse update? or should i try a standalone install?

thanks.