6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 12:34 AM by Quaiti12

3D camera track

Quaiti12

hello, i'm using After effects CC 2015

I tried to do a tutorial from youtube

In the tutorial he is teaching how to track a smoke in the scene but in the end my smoke isn't tracking at all and moving with the camera.

i'm very new with editing,

will be glad to hear about solutions.

ty

• 1. Re: 3D camera track
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're new to After Effects, go here first: Getting started with After Effects

If you jump too far ahead, you'll just get confused and/or frustrated.

• 2. Re: 3D camera track
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is a really terrible tutorial.  Unfortunately, most are. If you want to learn to do something like tracking or camera tracking then type "camera tracking" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE And find some better instruction. 

I did not see a single technique and that tutorial that I would use.

• 3. Re: 3D camera track
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Here's a better tutorial (IMNSHO) for the 3D Camera Tracker:

3D Camera Tracker

• 4. Re: 3D camera track
                dpolkat3 Level 1

It's been my experience that many of the AE tutorials on YouTube aren't great. I think there are several reasons for this. First, most people doing tutorials are well versed in AE, and tend to think most viewers will already understand the small details, including beginners. Also there is often a problem with English (or whatever language they speak) not being their primary language, and so stuff gets lost in the translations. Not to mention that some folks learn well but don't teach well. Szalam in particular and Todd offer good suggestions. One trick I used to do was to download tutorials, and then play them along as I tried the effect. Good luck!

• 5. Re: 3D camera track
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dpolkat3 wrote:

First, most people doing tutorials are well versed in AE, and tend to think most viewers will already understand the small details, including beginners.

My experience has been the opposite. Many tutorials on YouTube are done by people who actually don't know AE well and do things very poorly as a result!

• 6. Re: 3D camera track
                    Quaiti12 Level 1

Thank you guys for all the answers !

i will learn from what todd ans szalam gave me

ty again.