3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 7:00 PM by A.T. Romano

how to keep the audio file in one piece?

27sirena del mar

as i work in my video elements, the audio brakes and even separates.  according to the colors video and audio are unlinked, but it keeps separating and causing me problems.  how can i handle this?

• 1. Re: how to keep the audio file in one piece?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirena del mar

What Premiere Elements version and what computer operating system?

Assuming for now Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit....

Management of the existing Timeline content when making additions to it can get complicated as the content and structure become more crowded and complex.

For a general starting point, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, then add you file into the existing Timeline content.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to Group (Clip Menu/Group) bunches of clips so that they stay together during a Timeline maneuver.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to keep the audio file in one piece?
            27sirena del mar Level 1

premiere elements 10, on Windows 7, 32 bit.

(sorry about the separate questions, they came at two different moments.)

• 3. Re: how to keep the audio file in one piece?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

27sirena del mar

Thanks for the reply. No problem with the thread posting since each thread represented a different topic.

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 32 bit instead of 64 bit needs to be taken into account for many of your workflow situations. But, for this one, principles for adding clips to the existing Timeline content should be the same 32 or 64 bit.

Premiere Elements 10 on a 32 bit computer results in Premiere Elements 10 being a 32 bit application. This has computer resource implications when you are trying to complete a larger project. Also, if you have stills oversized for the project limit (total pixel count), you will get a message from the program blocking you from importing that still image. Fix - resize the still to below the pixel count limit. Please refer to my post 6 in this older thread.

Re: JPG size limit in PE8??.

Another matter to watch out for - what video card/graphics card does your computer use? Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card has major problems where the fix is to roll back the driver version to about May 2013.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

The following is offered for informational and non promotional purposes. It relates to using keyboard modifiers such as Alt when adding to an existing Timeline.

Premiere Elements: Arranging clips on the Timeline using modifier keys | lynda.com - YouTube

Please review and consider, and update us on your progress as your time permits.

Thanks.

ATR