4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 9:38 AM by andrewg76574040

Premier Elements 13 - Andrew Graham

andrewg76574040

I have multiple files created via Premier Elements 4. I have upgraded to 13. The files will load (I can scroll through them), they will render, but they will not play. What am I doing wrong? I have heard of Codecs, but know nothing about them. Help!

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Andrew Graham
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andrewg

There is no guarantee that a project file from an earlier version will open in a later version program. As a safety net in this type of endeavor, you should be working from a copy of the Premiere Elements 4 project file. If at all possible, finish the Premiere Elements 4 project in Premiere Elements 4, and then move on to new projects in Premiere Elements 13.

Addressing the what is.....

1. Can you open a new project in Premiere Elements 13/13.1, import your source media from your camera, take it to the Timeline, and get good playback of the Timeline?

2. Are you getting any missing media messages when you try to play the 4 Timeline in 13?

Does the project file contain disc menus? Are there any effects, transitions, title templates or anything of that nature in 4, but not in 13?

3. At this time, is Premiere Elements 4 on the same computer with Premiere Elements 13/13.1?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Andrew Graham
            andrewg76574040 Level 1

Dear Mr/Ms/Mrs Romano

This is simply a very warm thanks for such a speedy, thorough and thoughtful reply. I have not yet had time to try the suggestions, but they look very promising. Thank you. I am already a marginally less infuriated user of Premier Elements and, if your suggestions work, I will be an enthusiastic user.

Best wishes

Andrew

Dr Andrew Graham

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Andrew Graham
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dr. Andrew Graham

Thanks for the follow up.

As suggested by my questions, lots of factors to explore to determine if we can get those 4 projects to open in 13.

As you look into these factors, if you have any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements progress, please do not hesitate of ask.

Best wishes

just ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 13 - Andrew Graham
                andrewg76574040 Level 1

Brilliant. Likely to be flat out on other things for the next 3-4 days but will dig into this as soon as I can. Andrew