4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 9:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Serial number is saying invalid

Tashak

Bought through a third party on Amazon, but a well known company so I thought I was safe. If they don't do anything am I just out of luck?

• 1. Re: Serial number is saying invalid
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Contact Amazon.  They will advise you and may work with you.

• 2. Re: Serial number is saying invalid
            A.T. Romano Level 7

ysdhsk

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?

What did you purchase from Amazon - the download installation files or installation disc from boxed packaging?

Did you purchase just Premiere Elements or the combo of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements?

Before contacting Amazon...

1. Verify that you have identified the serial number and not some other product number.

2. Verify that you are using the correct serial number for the appropriate program - especially if you have purchased both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. Where are you finding the serial number for what you are trying to install - from email from Amazon, from packaging information, other?

3. Do any downloading and installing with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Please excuse the questions, but I did not want to take anything for granted.

If your answers to the above do not present a solution, then please contact Amazon immediately so that you do not lose any rights to return/refund/or replacement.

We will be watching for your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 3. Re: Serial number is saying invalid
              Tashak Level 1

Premier Elements 11 on Windows 10

Came in a sealed box. Not a combo product because I already run Photoshop Elements.

The serial number is the one inside the packaging. The package didn't appear to be tampered with in any way.

It never occurred to me that the anitvirus could be problem, turned it off and it's finally installing now. THANK YOU!

• 4. Re: Serial number is saying invalid
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Tashak

Did you hear the cheer go up from me when I just saw your follow up?

Great job of not giving up and giving the troubleshooting suggestions a try. Great news.

Best wishes for great video taking and Premiere Elements video presentations.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows. I am not Adobe, just user of the programs but I have a lot of experience with troubleshooting these products, my own and others who post in the forums.

ATR