21 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 7:44 AM by downeast.us

How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?

zipmin43g76

I just upgraded from PE11 and I can't find the  "File/Export/Title" option to export my titles (.prtl) from the project to import into another project.

The "File/Export & Share" option does not show "titles" to export.

• 1. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

zipmin

I had just about given up hope of figuring out how to save a Titler title in Premiere Elements 14, when....

1. In the Expert workspace reate your title in the Titler, and close out of the Titler.

2. Open Expert workspace Project Assets, and find the thumbnail for the Title file.

3. Right click that Title file, and select Export Title, and you are on the good old path to saving that title as .prtl file.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
            zipmin43g76 Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed your steps, however #3 right click of the Title File pops up a menu containing "copy, cut, paste, clear, interpret footage, etc" but no "Export Title".

I downloaded PRE14 yesterday & looked for updates but none are available.

So I don't know why I can't get the same results as you.

zipmin

• 3. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

zuonub43g76

Thanks for the reply. Let us go through this together to try to determine the difference between us.

I wrote

1. In the Expert workspace create your title in the Titler, and close out of the Titler.

2. Open Expert workspace Project Assets, and find the thumbnail for the Title file.

3. Right click thumbnail for the Title file, and select Export Title, and you are on the good old path to saving that title as .prtl file.

In 3, did you right click the thumbnail for the Title file and get the drop down menu that is shown in the sceneshot of Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 7 64 bit?

Title.jpg

Please try again. Make sure you have clicked on the Expert header so that you are in the Expert workspace as shown in the screenshot.

We will be watching for your reply for at least another hour before calling it a day.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...What computer operating system is involved?

• 4. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                zipmin43g76 Level 1

ATR,

I am in Expert Mode, and the following snapshot when I right-click

ScreenShot001.jpg

I have an intel i7-6700K running Windows 10.

zipmin

• 5. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

zuonub43g76

I am going to be calling it a day. Some things for you to think about...

1. Did you create your title - Text Menu/New Text/Default Text?

2. Is there any chance that, after you closed the Titler and went to Project Assets, you right clicked a non title file instead of the intended title file just created in the Titler?

Looking forward to follow up tomorrow. Eager for you to succeed.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

zipmin43g76

Do not go away. I just saw your latest post and am going to do some checking on the view that you are in in Project Assets.

Back in a moment.

ATR

• 7. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

zipman43g76

You helped me solve the problem with that great screenshot.

In Premiere Elements 14 Expert Workspace, Project Assets comes in two different views, one called Grid and one called List.

This does not work in the List View. You need to be in the Grid View as shown in my screenshot in post 3.

In Project Assets go to the icon at the top far right, the one named Panel Options when your mouse cursor is over it. Click on that to open to View which will open to the options of Grid and List. Select the Grid View, and look for Export Title according to the steps mentioned before. I will stay up to wait for your result.

I have no idea why Adobe would make such an arrangement for this feature. I will need to think about that. I have no insider information on Adobe doings.

ATR

• 8. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                        zipmin43g76 Level 1

ATR,

By golly, it worked when I viewed the project assets in "Grid" mode.

Unfortunately, it only works one title at a time, that is, selecting multiple titles result in the absence of the "Export" option.

I don't like what Adobe did on this feature .... and I am just scratching the surface on working with PRE14 ...

I saw your article and will have to go through it more in detail.

Thank you,

zipmin

• 9. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

zipmin

Thanks for the follow up. Great job of helping me work through this with you.

Interesting observations about saving more than one title at a time....you could do that in at least 13/13.1. I did a quick look at that in 14, and could not save more than 1 title at a time with the Export Title current way.

Another thing to watch out for....copy and paste for titles....you need to go to Project Assets, right click the original title and select Duplicate. That should be available in Grid and List Views. More on that if needed.

I am going through 14 tryout at the present time, detail by detail. So, any questions or need clarification/confirmation on your 14 workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Calling it a day - back in the morning morning.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                            zipmin43g76 Level 1

ATR,

I actually have a bunch of prtl files that I previously exported from a project in v11 and saved them in folders.

For my first v14 project, I added these prtl files using the Add Media/Files and Folders/Import folders function.

It does not matter if the title is newly created or old (from another project) ... it works the same.

Also, copy/paste of a title works, that is right-click on the title in the Project Assets, select "copy", then right-click again and select "paste" .. the new title will be created with the same name;  The "duplicate" option that you use actually is better since you only have to right-click once and the new title is created with the same name plus a number.

Thanks,

zipmin

• 11. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

zipmin43g76

Thanks for the follow up.

About copy paste vs duplicate...please check out the perk that I had in mind here.

If you use copy paste for additional titles, you should find the same text for all the titles that you create based on that copy paste - change one file, same change in all the rest.

With Duplicate, it gets a new name, is dragged from Project Assets to the Timeline where it can be double clicked and additional text entered in the file in the opened Titler,, the original title is not affected.

Please consider.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                zipmin43g76 Level 1

ATR,

As for the copy/paste for additional titles ... I would always rename the "new" title so there is no conflict.

But now, I will use the "duplicate" since it involves less effort & is fail-safe.

Thanks again,

zipmin

• 13. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                  downeast.us

In version 15 the export option does appear when I right-click in either the grid or list view and Export / Title is not an option I can find under File in menu (which is what the documentation implies).wq6800-16-536.gif

• 14. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                    whsprague Adobe Community Professional

downeast.us wrote:

In version 15 the export option does appear when I right-click in either the grid or list view and Export / Title is not an option I can find under File in menu (which is what the documentation implies).

This is an old topic about an obsolete version.  What exactly are you trying to do?  What part of the documentation are you looking at for implications?

• 15. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                      downeast.us Level 1

The version 15 documentation says exactly the same thing as version 14, namely:

Export a title file

You can export a title from Premiere Elements to a file for use in another Premiere Elements project.

1In the Expert view, click Project Assets to open the Project Assets panel.

2 Select the title you want to export as a separate file.

3 Choose File > Export > Title.

4 Specify the name and location for the saved title file, and click Save.

It says nothing about right clicking which was the solution above and as I showed if you right click Export is not a choice.

If you go to the main file menu there is no Export choice, only Export and Share.  Choosing that gives you no choice about title even with the title selected.

Any suggestions?

• 16. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?

downeast.us wrote:

Any suggestions?

You found a flaw in the instructions.  Now, what is it you are trying to do?

• 17. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                          downeast.us Level 1

As the subject of this thread says, I'm just trying to save a title so I can use it in other projects.

Nothing I've tried gives me the Export / Title choices in a menu.

One thing that may be different is this is not a custom title I created from scratch.  It is a motion title that I made a lot of modifications to:  locations, fonts, etc.   I want to save it exactly as is including the text in the title.

Having tried many Google searches for the answer, this is the only page that provided any useful information scattered over various replies.

The only work-around I've found is to:

1.  Remove the effects from the title (failing to do that left weird artifacts in the new project).

2.  Remove all other content from the project and save as. naming it for the title.

3.  Use that project as starting point for other projects.

Then the title can be duplicated in the project, but I can't get two different saved titles into a project this way.

• 18. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?

On my computer it is not in the File menu.  You pointed that out.  However, it is present in a menu that shows up with a right click.  I didn't know the function was there!  I tried it on a simple title and it worked well.  It motivates me to build a collection of standardised titles!

There are some functions that are different on an Apple.  It may be that exporting menus is one of them.  I don't know.  Nor did you say what computer system you are using. 

My alternate suggestion is that you create a special purpose, perhaps permanent, project for titles.  When you start a new project and want to use one of the titles you've built in the title project, export it as a video clip.  You can control the part being exported with the "Work Area Bars".  In other words, your special title project could have dozens of carefully crafted titles.  Export just the one you want.  Then put that in the new project as a simple media file.

Be careful to add the title file after you've put the the first clip on the timeline so that the project setting are created correctly.

Good luck! 

Bill

• 19. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                              downeast.us Level 1

Thanks for your help and experimenting.  I use a PC.  Others point out you need to use the right-click and I think one claimed it may only work in grid mode although someone else shows it working in list mode.  I've never managed to see it no matter what I've tried.  BTY, did it show up when you tried to save one of the built-in titles that you had modified?  Are you on a PC?  If yes to both I can't imagine why it doesn't appear when I right-click on a title in Project Assets.  Glad you found what you learned potentially useful.

Video clip trick often doesn't work because the Title overlays the video clip under it from the new video.  Your tips are good and I understand.  Too bad I can't make export work.  Maybe someday they'll fix it.

I just started using Premiere, so I haven't figured out to report bugs.

Actually I just started taking videos a few months ago.  Originally I was editing in Photoshop CC ... a little kludgey but since I'm a expert in PS it sort of made sense although it was limited.  Figured I needed a better video editor and first tried an old version of Premiere I had but it was hard to understand.  Decided I might as well buy Premiere 15 ... the interface makes more sense all I needed was 45 minutes of training videos to feel comfortable.

• 20. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?

I've got a screen shot and, with a right click, Export title is in the list view.  I can get it in the grid view too.  It is a PC and Premier Elements 15.  "Export Title" showed up for me on a simple title.  I can try more complex titles and see what happens.  Point me towards what you are using for titles and I'll see what I can learn.   Computers should be predictable.

Capture.JPG

Although I've used Premier Elements through several versions, I've not found anything for bug reporting like with the CC applications.

I did a photographic reboot about 5 years ago after abandoning it when film (and my darkroom) drifted away.  My reboot started with video and Premier Elements.  I then got comfortable with Lightroom.  Recently, I'm trying Photoshop CC.  I'm jealous when you say you know Photoshop CC!

Bill

• 21. Re: How do I export titles in Premiere Elements 14?
                                                  downeast.us Level 1

Interesting, since I just started using Premier I picked one neat motion title and made lots of mods to it:  03typographykinethicthreelines

It's the only title I've used so far.

I tried a new project and added a classic title.  Export Title was there with a right-click.

I then added an unmodified Kinethic Three Line one.  Export Title is NOT a choice for it, although it still is for the simple title.  Wonderful    I can export simple ones, but not the neat ones.  I tried another random motion title and NO Export Title.

I've been developing software for over 50 years.  email me Bill, it would be fun to talk more about Photoshop, etc.  Probably can't post an email address here, but you can find one at ImagingTips (which sadly I haven't updated much in years).